Washington DC Message Boards

Beware Of Trilegiant Unordered Services

Luke_Wilbur

I have repeatedly tried to get off their program. They slip checks into our accounts receivable and then take money from our bank account. I did not order Buyers Advantage or Sellers Advantage.

On September 12, 2005 I contacted Buyers Advantage by Phone: 1-800-553-4948 on how to stop the service. I offerred to pay the $2.50 (Check No. 4280665177) and $5.00 (Check No. 425146088).

The Customer Service Representative Erica #30374 told me my name was not in the system and I should call back in a couple of weeks to get removed. I told her to look up the check no. and she stated she could not. She then repeatedely told me to wait and call back. I then asked what is the name of the company she worked for. "Trilegiant," She responded. I asked what is the number for the Trilegiant corporate headquarters. She said that she did not have the number. I looked on the check and then asked if Trilegiant is based in Trumbell, Connecticut. She said yes. I asked Erica where she was based. "Ohio," she responded. She then went on to tell me to wait a few weeks and call back.

Since I was getting nowhere I ended the conversation.

After a bit of searching I found Trilegiant's telephone number and contacted the main office. I then asked for someone in accounts payable. I got the name Linda Frengh at Tel. 615-764-2591. Linda was very nice and felt bad for me. She promised to call the Ohio office and get my problem resolved. I thanked her and got off the phone.

Today I called Linda at Trilegiant to find out the status of my problem. I told her my name and she remembered me. Linda apoligized and said that she deals with 1,000s of problems a day. Linda could not find my check no.s, but stated that she had spoken to Cathy Conner in the Ohio office to make sure my name was removed and would get back to me.

• 7 months later...
Guest jillian

look i look for trilegiant out here in florida im not sure how is that you guys don't know...wait a minute i do know because you people make us rush so fast on the phone that your not understanding what we are telling you but still giving us your credit card info. we ask you simply at the end of every call "are the terms of the service clear" well if you say yes than we assume you do understand. thats all we can do on our behalf is to hope you understand it. so how is it our fault that you dont understand what these charges are because we can't sit there and pick your credit card info out of a hat and start charging you. you have to give us authorization to do that.

we ask you simply at the end of every call "are the terms of the service clear" well if you say yes than we assume you do understand. thats all we can do on our behalf is to hope you understand it. so how is it our fault that you dont understand what these charges are because we can't sit there and pick your credit card info out of a hat and start charging you.

Please make sure to read my statement above before you respond. I not receive a phone call from your company.

Trilegiant sends checks in small amounts to targeted clients. It looks like a regular check, but its not. It is both a check and authorization to take money from our bank account.

I did not realize that Trilegiant also has telemarketers pushing this scam as well. Thanks for the tip.

• 2 months later...
Guest Jacob

I too work for Trilegiant Jillian, and while i agree with what you're saying to an extent, let's not forget the fact that we negate to mention the $40/$20 in gas certificates as being quarterly. Many ppl enroll with us only because they think they're being provided with something that's decent when in fact we're oftentimes vague about the actual mechanics of the services. Others, such as Credit One Bank customers, only enroll because they simply think they're either activating their card or they think they're speaking with a bank rep. How laughable/sleezy is that? Nonetheless I have to admire you for sticking with them because it's certainly a mind-numbing job. Write back if you'd like.

- Jacob

look i look for trilegiant out here in florida im not sure how is that you guys don't know...wait a minute i do know because you people make us rush so fast on the phone that your not understanding what we are telling you but still giving us your credit card info. we ask you simply at the end of every call "are the terms of the service clear" well if you say yes than we assume you do understand. thats all we can do on our behalf is to hope you understand it. so how is it our fault that you dont understand what these charges are because we can't sit there and pick your credit card info out of a hat and start charging you. you have to give us authorization to do that.

• 4 years later...

I have repeatedly tried to get off their program. They slip checks into our accounts receivable and then take money from our bank account. I did not order Buyers Advantage or Sellers Advantage.

On September 12, 2005 I contacted Buyers Advantage by Phone: 1-800-553-4948 on how to stop the service. I offerred to pay the $2.50 (Check No. 4280665177) and $5.00 (Check No. 425146088).

The Customer Service Representative Erica #30374 told me my name was not in the system and I should call back in a couple of weeks to get removed. I told her to look up the check no. and she stated she could not. She then repeatedely told me to wait and call back. I then asked what is the name of the company she worked for. "Trilegiant," She responded. I asked what is the number for the Trilegiant corporate headquarters. She said that she did not have the number. I looked on the check and then asked if Trilegiant is based in Trumbell, Connecticut. She said yes. I asked Erica where she was based. "Ohio," she responded. She then went on to tell me to wait a few weeks and call back.

Since I was getting nowhere I ended the conversation.

After a bit of searching I found Trilegiant's telephone number and contacted the main office. I then asked for someone in accounts payable. I got the name Linda Frengh at Tel. 615-764-2591. Linda was very nice and felt bad for me. She promised to call the Ohio office and get my problem resolved. I thanked her and got off the phone.

Today I called Linda at Trilegiant to find out the status of my problem. I told her my name and she remembered me. Linda apoligized and said that she deals with 1,000s of problems a day. Linda could not find my check no.s, but stated that she had spoken to Cathy Conner in the Ohio office to make sure my name was removed and would get back to me.

I'm spreading the word. (They got me, too).

Please join me. Take action, share your story, and contact Freed & Weiss!

Here are some details...

Trilegiant Scam: YOU CAN HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,

Hotwire.com,

Orbitz,

Classmates.com,

Barnes&Noble.com,

Ticketmaster.com,

Avon.com.

Budget,

Staples.com,

Travelocity,

Expedia/Hotel.com,

Columbiahouse,

Buy.com,

FTD,

Intelius,

Gamestop/

EB Games.com,

Airtransholdings.com,

Continental Airlines,

Shutterfly Inc.,

US Airways

Vistaprint USA

Redcats USA

Pizza Hut

Movie Tickets.com

GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,

Great Fun,

Shopping Essentials,

Privacy Guard,

Shoppers Advantage,

Travelers Advantage,

Buyers Advantage,

Privacy Guard (or Credit Alert),

HealthSaver,

Netmarket.com,

CompleteHome,

Great Options,

Everyday Values,

Auto Advantage,

Complete Savings,

HealthSaver,

Just For Me,

Everyday Privileges Gold,

IdentitySecure,

CardCops,

PC SafetyPlus,

and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

What can I do?

Contact Freed & Weiss immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest AC90210

Contact BBB and file complaint to further destroy their rating. Contact your State attorney's office and complain. Hit 'em where it hurts- their pocket book- with more class action law suits. Complain to their partner companies who transfer you to these offers like Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, Miles Kimball, Tiger Direct, Thrifty, Days Inn, Super8, Wyndham etc.

• 1 year later...
Guest Kerri D.

I was scammed by an offer that came from my "new" bank, Wells Fargo (!) An offer from Trilegiant for one month free ID theft protection and a free credit report. I thought, what the heck, one month free. So I joined. Got my free credit report. The report had only Trans Union, and had Experian and Equifax marked "NA". I called Trilegiant at the end of one month to cancel. The rep I spoke with asked me if there was a problem. I told him I had expected all three reporting agencies' scores to be included. He said they were supposed to be. He said that, since I was not pleased, he would give me the next month free (February 8- April 8), and I would not be charged until April 8, if I decided to keep their service. Two days later, my (alternate) bank account was charged the monthly fee. I am on a short budget and did not have enough in that account to cover it. I called Trilegiant and explained the problem. A different rep says he can refund me $2.00 and give me March free. I said, I didn't think so, that I wanted a full refund and the free (current) month I was promised. Then I was told if I wanted a full refund, I would not get the free month and my membership would be cancelled immediately. Called the bank and they had charged my account a $35.00 overdraft fee. They said it would take some time to clear it up, because they had to research the matter. It's been a real pain over something that was touted as helpful and free for a month. Beware!!

They almost got ME! Thank goodness for your website!!! I called Tiger Direct to alert them to a fraudlegent charge on my bank account. I didn't order anything and there was a charge for $169. The person on the phone was very helpful, and didn't find the charge. I will follow up with my bank. He did at the end of the call say that he would like to give me a promo code. I thought wow what great customer service. That is when Tirlegiant came on the phone with their $1 first month $20 free coupon and another $20 free coupon, and you keep them even if you cancel. However you have to make a purchase and mail back cirtificate with receipt, then wait 45 days to use the second cirtificate. Blah Blah Blah... She talked soo long I had time to look up her company through everydayprivileges.com that she told me I could go to. I did a google search and saw the negative reports on them. SHAME ON TIGER DIRECT!!!!!!!!!!!

They almost got ME! Thank goodness for your website!!! I called Tiger Direct to alert them to a fraudlegent charge on my bank account. I didn't order anything and there was a charge for $169. The person on the phone was very helpful, and didn't find the charge. I will follow up with my bank. He did at the end of the call say that he would like to give me a promo code. I thought wow what great customer service. That is when Tirlegiant came on the phone with their $1 first month $20 free coupon and another $20 free coupon, and you keep them even if you cancel. However you have to make a purchase and mail back cirtificate with receipt, then wait 45 days to use the second cirtificate. Blah Blah Blah... She talked soo long I had time to look up her company through everydayprivileges.com that she told me I could go to. I did a google search and saw the negative reports on them. SHAME ON TIGER DIRECT!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife also told be just a couple of days ago she saw a $9.99 charge that she called about. It was from an order she placed with 1-800-Flowers. The lady she called to dispute the charge got very beligerent with her, and told her she checked the box and authorized the purchase. She wouldn't even let her talk to someone to get refunded. We will be calling 866-779-9610 and BBB tomorrow...