Washington DC Message Boards

Month of gifts! prove(here)???

eninn

There is this story about an Egyptian whose Doctor prescribed to him some medication in order to prepare him before he gets operated on, to rid him off certain tumor in his stomach. When he realized that the medication would prevent him from fasting, which it was about to begin, he became so sad and then gave his trust to Allah by fasting, with the hope that Allah will cure him.

Lo and behold, a miracle happened! This man went back to his doctor after Ramadan and the doctor examined him and he realized that, the tumor that he supposed to operate him and removed was nowhere to be found, and he told him about it, and the man then revealed to the Doctor that, perhaps he was cured because he fasted, and the doctor admitted to him the medical advantages of fasting, confirming what the Qur'an says.

Allah said: (...a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong).)

“…the Quran was sent down as a guidance for the people.” (Quran 2:185)

Here Allah praised the Qur'an, which He revealed as guidance for the hearts of those who believe in it and adhere to its commands. Allah said: (and clear proofs) meaning, as clear and unambiguous signs and unequivocal proof for those who understand them. These proofs testify to the truth of the Qur'an, its guidance, the opposite of misguidance, and how it guides to the straight path, the opposite of the wrong path, and the distinction between the truth and falsehood, and the permissible and the prohibited.

Muslim abstain all types of food and drink, as well as sexual intercourse with their spouses. This creates a sense within the Muslim throughout the day that they are obeying the commands of God, as they leave things which are perfectly permissible at other times. This created within the Muslims a conscience which encourages them to leave those deeds impermissible at all times. Muslims, dry-mouthed from lack of water and abstaining from all types of food seen throughout the day, gain a sixth sense – God consciousness - and this is the goal of fasting the month of Ramadan. God says in the Quran:
“Fasting has been prescribed for you as it has been prescribed for those before you in order that you become of the God-conscious.” (Quran 2:183

Our relationship with Allah(God) Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 18]
youtube

---
|HD| BBC : The Life of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) - Greatest Man Ever Walk on The Earth

youtube

In fasting
The need to should lower their gaze
And distance from the act of taboo
And not to say obscene words

If the person is wont to do those things and then suddenly left for the arrival of Ramadan
What do you will feel?
Here
Feeling will change and feel the awe of the importance of fasting and Ramadan
Therefore, the first case is quite different from the new change

During the fast, Muslims experience hunger
and thirst and learn to sympathize with
those
in the world who have little to eat. They
come to appreciate the blessings that Allah
grants them. Through increased charity
during
the month, Muslims develop feelings of
generosity and goodwill toward others. And
since all Muslims in the world are
undergoing
the same experience at the same time, this
practice strengthens community bonds
throughout the Muslim world.

Read the name of God that he is your
creator,(quran). When you break ones proud,
when you destroy ones wishes palace, when you
stifle ones hope candle, when you be blind
for a body, when you even close your ears to
not hearing the voice of a proud that is
breaking, when you see the god but don't see
his slave, i want to know you rise your hand
to which sky to pray for your luck? Allah
create makes ramadan month that we realize
poor people durin the fast that we learn, we
don't break ones proud, we don't fight, we
don't lie, we don't be usurer and
selfish...... . Allah never forget every one
of creature then we must live for the God
then we learn how to live for the God by
fast.

(Ar-Rayyan): Allah (T) honours the fasting people by reserving a special gate for their entrance to the Jannah. The Messenger (S) said:

In the Jannah is a gate called Ar-Rayyan (Thirst Quencher) through which only the fasting people will enter. Once they all get in, it will be shut forever. [Al-Bukhari]

They suffered from thirst in this life, and they will be rewarded by permanent thirst-quenching in the Hereafter. Opening the Gates of Good: Ramadhan is the best of all months, and good deeds are better in it (they earn more rewards). When this month arrives:

The gates of the Jannah (the Garden of Paradise) are opened wide, the gates of Hell are shut and the devils are chained down. [Al-Bukhari]

How to Welcome Ramadhaan the Prophet's Way | by Dr Zakir Naik

My advice to the Ummah for Ramadhaan | Dr Zakir Naik

Yes, my brothers

If a pregnant woman has a strong health

Are easily able to fast (no problem)

But

Most of the cases

Pregnant women can not fast

Due to the fear on their health

Or on the fetus

Or her health and embryo together

For each case

Law in Jurisprudence and different expiation

There are pretty strict guidelines regarding fasting. First there is there are those forbidden to do so. Pregnant woman, Nursing mothers and the sick that might be affected by it. In addition their are those exempt such as the young adn the elderly / One rule regarding the Ramadan fast is we are not to Jeopardize our health

God Almighty

At all times and in all places (see us and hear us)

4. He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and then Istawa (rose over) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He knows what goes into the earth and what comes forth from it, what descends from the heaven and what ascends thereto. And He is with you (by His Knowledge) wheresoever you may be. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.

\

The conditions that invalidate the fast are as follows:

Inserting something into any of the open orifices intentionally, with the exception of dharurah situations especially pertaining to illness. Eating, drinking and smoking invalidates fast. Medicated injections however, does not invalidate the fast.

Vomitting intentionally.

Intentional ejaculation.

Having sexual relations.

Being in a state of haid, nifas or giving birth for women.

Losing sanity.

Unconsciousness throughout the day.

Drunkenness throughout the day.

Apostasy.

What does Ramadan mean to us Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 1]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=987UwJ2TrwI&index=17&list=PLcQvyVzXzzkKpYp7BpCYdEG66E0_5Nghj

How the Quran was came down in Ramadan? Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2duw0WgSb4&list=PLcQvyVzXzzkKpYp7BpCYdEG66E0_5Nghj&index=16

Fasting

Fundamental pillar of the five pillars of Islam

Its purpose is not hunger and thirst

But

Is a renewal of human life

And a strong drive and ready to work good

And training

And the beginning of change

Prayer and charity and helping the poor, and so

And reward multiplier

Narrated Abu Salama bin 'Abdur Rahman: that he asked 'Aisha "How was the prayer of Allah's Apostle in Ramadan?" She replied, "He did not pray more than eleven Rakat in Ramadan or in any other month. He used to pray four Rakat ---- let alone their beauty and length----and then he would pray four ----let alone their beauty and length ----and then he would pray three Rakat (Witr)." She added, "I asked, 'O Allah's Apostle! Do you sleep before praying the Witr?' He replied, 'O 'Aisha! My eyes sleep but my heart does not sleep."

As well as

Refinement of the ethics of human

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, “When one of you awakes in the morning for fasting, then he should not use obscene language or behave ignorantly. If anyone slanders him or tries to argue with him, he should say: Indeed, I am fasting! Indeed, I am fasting!”

[Sahih Muslim, Book 6, Number 2563]

Throughout the year

People eat and drink and soaked in the pleasures

But

Fast one month a year

Comfortable for the health and body

And feel

like miserable poor countries

Sympathy and participation, Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 4]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYhT2neBmX8&index=14&list=PLcQvyVzXzzkKpYp7BpCYdEG66E0_5Nghj

Benefits of Siyam 1, Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 5]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2nEVXxCxSs&list=PLcQvyVzXzzkKpYp7BpCYdEG66E0_5Nghj&index=13

Yes, my dear brother

It's simple

In Ramadan

Everyone becomes ready

the soul and conscience

This month of mercy

This month of forgiveness

Here I can make up

What rolls of amusement and indifference

God will see me I pray

I pay alms in secret and in public

I read the Qur'an and I cried in prayer seeking forgiveness

And thus see the mosques are full

And people to not sleep

Spirituality is high

And a lot of people repent in Ramadan

And so

Beginning of a change for the better

It is compulsory for those who are fasting to observe their acts, movements and speech and to avoid things that may affect one’s fasting ritual so that the ritual does not end up as just a simple act of abstinence from food and drink without any deserving rewards.

Rasulullah s.a.w has described fasting as a piece of armour. He has also discouraged those who are fasting against abusive language and ma’siyyah (vice) and to remind those who instigate us into argument or quarrel that we are fasting. Rasulullah s.a.w has also mentioned that Allah s.w.t will not accept the fast of those who lie, even if the person has abstained from food and drink. (Bukhari, Ahmad and Ashabus Sunan)

According to Ibnu Arabi, the above Hadtih explains that the fast rewards will not be given out. In other words, liars do not deserve to receive the rewards of the fast. Saiyidina Umar has also mentioned that fasting is not merely abstinence from food and drink but also abstinence from wrongdoings such as lying.

How New YorK reacts to a muslim , Amazing Reactions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEvojpq-1HE

Benefits of Siyam 2, Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 6]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ3-a7jbZrM&list=PLcQvyVzXzzkKpYp7BpCYdEG66E0_5Nghj&index=12

someone told me

These views and interaction of many members and friends of the non-Muslim

Yes month of fasting is the big gift for Muslims. They fast in it for God. They believe that with Fasting they earn many good gifts from God.

\\\

I have read your article and trust me this will me learn Quran Online with Tajweed from Best Online Quran Teachers

\\\\\\\\

Which makes you wonder just how wel do they practice Islam. Ramadan is our holiest month and all fighting even minor disagreements among friends are forbidden.

\/////

I hate fasting just from meat for 49 days, so I respect Muslims who faste from all food

\\\\\\

. The Holy Qur'an is the best guide to life. Thank you for your input on this thread.

\\\

Anyone who acts against the guidance in the Qur'an is not practicing Islam. Fighting in the sacred months is forbidden except to safeguard your existence and prevent further persecution.

Ramadan in Karachi begins on Tuesday. The last time I was in Karachi was in May 1964 for three weeks. Ice cream there tasted quite nice. My hotel was on the main Bandar Road and traffic was quite unbelievably high even then. Since then, I have landed in Karachi a couple of times but only in transit.

Fasting has always helped me health-wise. My health has always improved by the end of the month. Fasting is not prescribed for health reasons but to be conscious of Allah to prevent yourself from doing evil actions. Ignorant people on both sides of the fence do not understand the real reason for fasting.

Fasting is not a rigid law in Islam but only those are required to fast who can fast without damaging health. If unable to fast in Ramadan, it can be done afterwards. Only those make it rigid who are ignorant about it. As a child, it was quite fun to fast but not fun when I had to break it in the afternoon due to thirst. My parents would insist that I break it if I can't bear it.

I am eagerly looking forward to Ramadan this time, as usual. There is possibility that I may visit Pakistan for the first week of the month of Ramadan (not Karachi in the south but Gilgit and the K2 area in the north).

I wish all my peaceful brothers and sisters a blessed month and spiritual happiness. May Allah bless you all!

\\\

In my opinion it means you do not know the definition of a Muslim. A Muslim is a person who submits to Allaah*swt( to the best of his ability. the need for "Ritual", Procedures" Requirements come with responsibility that develops as the individual matures and learns. No one is denied being muslim as long as they do not know how, for reasons beyond their control.

the "covenent" is only required if there is reason you know there is one. If for reasons beyond your control you have no way of knowing nothing is required. Being Muslim is the default state of our creation. It only changes as we gain the ability to choose with sincerity and knowledge.

\\\

So, if I understand correctly you fast from sunrise to sundown, yes? Does that mean you can have sexual relations at night (or from dusk till dawn, if I may).

\\////

Sounds like a contest to see who is more devoted to their dogma. Of course you would say that because you are biased just like the poster is biased towards his religion. Chances are high that you live in a Christian country with a Christian family. You didn't choose your religion; the geography of your birth chose it for you.

\\\

From above:

Nonetheless, there have been reports of some shops continuing to refuse to sell water and eating and drinking in public remain illegal under the country’s laws for “respecting Ramadan”.

Even in karachi you will find concessions are made for those that would be harmed by fasting. they just are not allowed to be publicly visible. i am a little bit Familiar with Katachi I have Grand-Children there. My oldest son-in-law is from they He and my Daughter travel back and forth, theier kids prefer life in Pakistani to Texas so stay in Karachi although they were born in Texas.

\\

The virtue of reading the Quran Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 22]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhkbwj5yNyo&index=25&list=PLcQvyVzXzzkKpYp7BpCYdEG66E0_5Nghj

Death comes suddenly Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 21]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGhlrmdGBq8&index=26&list=PLcQvyVzXzzkKpYp7BpCYdEG66E0_5Nghj

Lots and lots of non-Muslims who wants to learn rituals of Ramadan for Muslims

And sends thanks and gratitude to that information

Alhamdulillah

, please favor us by sharing your experience of the recent Ramadan fast, particularly the Laylat al-Qadr.

see the results

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA7Je6oEOws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFt0Q2vPLqI

There are other special features in Ramadan.

The Last Ten Nights

1. “Indeed we have revealed it (the Quran) in the Honored Night.

2. And what will explain to you what the Honored Night is?

3. The Honored Night is better than a thousand months.

4. In it, the angels descend as well as the Spirit (Gabriel) by the permission of their Lord, with all types of decrees.

5. ‘Peace’ it is until the rising of dawn.” (Quran:97:1-5)

It was Ramadan in which the Quran was revealed from the heavens to the Earth. More specifically, it was one of the last ten nights of this blessed month. The Prophet said:

Seek the Honored Night in the last ten.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

On that night, worship and good deeds are better than performing them for a thousand months, as mentioned in the verses above. Thus the Prophet would increase his worship by staying awake the whole night in worship.

When he entered the [last] ten [nights] of Ramadan, the Prophet would ‘rollup his sleeves’ and give life to the whole night, and waken his family.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

Muslims in Ramadan seek this Honored Night in order that they may be given an increase in reward. Muslims spend the whole night in worship, from praying the taraweeh prayer to reading the Quran, supplicating to God, and praying extra voluntary prayers. During these nights, there is even an extra

congregational prayer held in the mosques which lasts for about an hour and a half to two hours up until the time of the predawn meal. Nights are alive with worship, and people for these ten nights expend all efforts in doing so, seeking that they may have spent the Honored Night in the worship of God. The Prophet said:

Whoever stood in prayer in the Honored Night, believing in God and hoping for His reward, all his previous sins will be forgiven.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

Ramadan is a month of forgiveness, and people hope that they will people from those who are saved from the Fire:

God chooses who will be saved from the Fire (in Ramadan), and that is every night.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

For this reason in Ramadan, people fast, pray, and seek the Honored Night in order that they may be forgiven for their shortcomings and enter Paradise.

Ten days of Ramadan

Have the advantage of a private

the night of Al-Qadr

Or 23-25-27-29

AlQadar night Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 19]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be9w3jS_ZSw&list=PLcQvyVzXzzkKpYp7BpCYdEG66E0_5Nghj&index=28

I am Sayim for Sheikh Yusuf Estes Ramadaniat [Episode 23]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0w70wH0k1U&list=PLcQvyVzXzzkKpYp7BpCYdEG66E0_5Nghj&index=24

From a study of the Holy Quran and Traditions of the Holy Prophet, it transpires that there are three objectives of Zakat (poor-due). One is basic and specific and the other two are secondary and collective.

The basic and essential objective of Zakat is purification of the soul. It cures the lust for wealth, infuses the feat Allah in mans heart and makes one amenable to good deeds. The Holy Quran says: And away from it (Hell) shall be kept the most pious one, who gives away his wealth in order to purify himself. (XCIL:17-18)

On another occasion Allah addresses and exhorts the Holy Prophet (Pbuh) in these words: Take alms of their wealth, wherewith you may cleanse and purify them. (9: 103)

These verses make the real importance of Zakat quite clear: it aims to emancipate the heart from temporal preoccupations and purifies the soul.

It is an acknowledged fact that the love of material things is the real enemy of prayer. It turns a man away from Allah and the After-life. The Holy Prophet once said: The root of all evil is the love of worldly things. (Mishkat)

Although temporal love includes many things the most powerful and dangerous of all is the love of material wealth. The Holy Prophet has, therefore, regarded it as the greatest of all evils for the Muslims: The trial for my Ummah is wealth. (Tirmidhi)

If a Muslim can save himself from the lure of wealth, he will be able to protect himself from many other vices.

Because of its basic aim and purpose, poor-due is known as zakat in Islam. Literally it means both purification and growth. To give a portion of ones income to the needy for the pleasure of Allah is called Zakat because it purifies the soul. It must, however, be remembered that the aim of zakat is achieved only when its payment is motivated by sincere desire and practical effort. The pleasure of Allah should be the first and foremost consideration while paying Zakat. It must be free from every other motive.

Zakat should be paid out of the income earned only by fair and honest means. Whatever is paid should be respectable. If cheap and worthless stuff is given in zakat it will go in vain. It will be no better than a hypocritical gesture.

Zakats beneficiary should neither be made to feel grateful for it, nor should his feelings and self-respect be hurt. Otherwise, Zakat will cease to have any meaning.

One secondary objective of the poor-due is to provide basic necessities to poor Muslims. The Holy Prophet said: Verily Allah has ordained the payment of Zakat on them (Muslims). It will be taken from the rich and returned to the poor. (Muslim)

These Traditions make it quite obvious that there is also a social and economic aspect of the poor-due without which its Islamic concept remains incomplete.

The other secondary objective of Zakat is the help and support of Islam. While giving the details of the beneficiaries of Zakat the Holy Quran says: The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and for those who collect them, and those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to free the captives and the debtors and for the cause of Allah, and for the wayfarers. (9:60)

The words the cause of Allah denote the struggle waged for Islam

Dr. Zakir Naik Q&A Wealth, Zakat and its testing in Islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRuEhOJyZpo

Itikaf is a form of worship. It is formed by staying in a Mosque for a certain time. It is Ehtiyat that one should stay with the intention to worship Allah by praying formal or informal prayers although prayer is not a condition therein.

The time for this form of worship could be anytime when one is allowed to fast. The best time is the month of Ramadan, especially, the last ten days.

Conditions for I'tikaf during Ramadhan:

1. Intention as in the rest of the worship acts. It is necessary that the intention be made at the beginning of Itikaf so that the rule, requiring the worship act to be completed with intention, be followed thoroughly from the beginning to the end. The decision made at the beginning of the night to start Itikaf from the beginning of the following day will be open to objection. However, if one decides to start it from the beginning of the night it is not an offense to do so.

One is not allowed to change one's mind from one Itikaf to another of the same qualities or different.

2. Belief in Islam.

3. Freedom from mental illness.

4. Fasting; thus the Itikaf of one who cannot fast for some reason is not valid.

5. Duration; which is three continuous days at least. It could be more but not less than three days.

If it is started from the beginning of a day the two nights in between will be part of the duration. Less than three days is not considered Itikaf.

That it must take place in one of these Mosques: (a) The holy Mosque in Makkah, (B) the holy Mosque of the Prophet in Medina, © the holy Mosque of Kufa, (d) the holy Mosque of Basrah, and (e) the Mosque which is assigned for the Friday prayer in any town or city. It is Ehtiyat, however, to complete it in any of the first four Mosques.

The roof and basement of a Mosque is part of the same and it is valid to complete Etikaf in such places of a Mosque.

Permission of the people whose permission are required such as the master for the slave, husband and parents for the wife and children if this will be against the right of the husband or causes trouble to the parents.

6. Completing it in the Mosque where it was started. Thus, going out of the Mosque without an acceptable reason will invalidate the Itikaf, regardless, one knows the rule or is ignorant or has gone out because of forgetfulness, except in the case of an emergency or one being forced or it is because of some need such as using wash room or having Taharat.

One is allowed to come out of the Mosque during Itikaf to take part in the burial of a deceased or to visit an ailing one; Going out of the Mosque for a time long enough to cause the Itikaf to become as non-existing will be considered as invalidating the same, even if one has not done it out of one's own choice.

If one needs to have Ghusl/bath during the Itikaf and it is possible for him to have it inside the Mosque, and is not allowed to go out unless the reason for Ghusl requires him not to stay inside the Mosque.

Etikaf is originally an optional worship act but it may become obligatory because of a vow etc.

Things to avoid during Itikaf:

1. Having sex and also according to Ehtiyat kissing or playing with one's wife;

2. According to a necessary Ehtiyat causing a semen discharge,

3. And smelling perfumes for enjoyment; it is not an offense if one cannot enjoy the perfume because of some defect in his smelling ability.

4. Selling or buying in the form of a business deal, according to a necessary Ehtiyat; there is no offense to be occupied with allowable activities as sewing or writing etc., although it is a Mustahab Ehtiyat to avoid them too.

If one needs to buy something for food and there is no one to do the buying for him, it is not an offence for him to do it.

5. Expressing bitterness in talking about worldly or religious matters in order to prove one's ability, not the truth which is one of the best worships.

The contracts of buying or selling during Itikaf invalidate Itikaf, but such contracts will be valid.

If Itikaf is invalidated because of having sex even, during the night, expiation will be due; if it is invalidated by other things, there will be no expiation, although it is a Mustahab Ehtiyat in this case too.

The expiation for invalidating an Itikaf is to set free a slave or if this is not possible, fast for two consecutive months or if this also is not possible, feed sixty poor people.

Ramadan: The last 10 Days, Itikaf and Laylatul Qadr - Shaykh Yusuf Estes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Us9e26qnA