Washington DC Message Boards

Starwars: Revenge Of The Sith

Guest daxin dc

Guest daxin dc

Just prior to its US release, May 19, Star Wars fans are wondering, "Is Revenge of the Sith the One?" That question, circulating in Star Wars fan club websites and blogs, echoes the question that was once asked of Jesus Christ, "Is he the One, or shall we look for another?" The combination of science fiction and spirituality is what George Lucas does best, so the question, reflecting as it does, a passage straight out of the New Testament, makes it well worth thinking once again about the new art form of which Lucas is a leading practitioner: not science fiction, but spirituality fiction.

Guest Sith Lord

From my perspective Darth Vader's head gear appears to be modelled on a Japanese kabuto (兜), which is consistant with the samurai-like order of the Jedi.

post-10-1116122807.jpg

Guest schwartz
it may be tempting to read the character name "Darth Vader" as "Dark Father"

It is interesting that you mention that heller, because I was thinking the same thing. It is also interesting to note that there is a Dark Father Cult. The exact origins of the Church of the Dark Father are unknown. It is a Satanic Cult, though many of the members joined it on a lark, actually seeking a different source of peace and love and rebelling against modern society. A number of these members believed that Satan was not the enemy of mankind, but rather its redeemer: that Satan was good and kind, and that he wanted wanted them to love him and love each other

Guest David Bruce

"I don't see Star Wars as profoundly religious. I see Star Wars as taking all the issues that religion represents and trying to distill them down into a more modern and easily accessible construct -there is a mystery out there."

I KNOW WHY OBI-WAN AND YODA DISAPPEARED!!!! SINCE LUCAS LIKES TO BORROW THINGS FROM THE BIBLE (LIKE ANAKINS MIRACULOUS "VIRGIN BIRTH") HE WAS READING ONE DAY IN HIS FAITHFUL OLD KJV AND COME ACROSS TWO ACCOUNTS OF MEN WHO WERE SO IN TUNE WITH THE LORD THAT GOD JUST TOOK THEM. IM REFERRING TO ENOCH AND ELIJAH WHO WERE TRANSLATED/RAPTURED INTO GLORY.YODA AND OBI-WAN WERE AT SUCH A MATURE LEVEL AND IN SUCH HARMONY WITH THE FORCE THAT "IT" JUST TOOK THEM. REMEMBER, ELIJAH LEFT ELISHA (AS A MATTER OF FACT THE SPIRIT OF ELIJAH RESTED ON ELISHA IN II KINGS 2:15 AS THE SPIRIT OF OBI-WAN DID ON LUKE IN EPISODE IV), OBI-WAN LEFT LUKE. THE ONLY SPECULATION I HAVE ABOUT ENOCH AND STAR WARS IS THAT ENOCH WAS TAKEN JUST PRIOR TO THE FLOOD (GEN 5) AND PROPHESIED OF THE COMING OF CHRIST TO EXECUTE JUDGEMENT (JUDE 14&15). PERHAPS THERES SOME CONNECTION BETWEEN THE APOCALYPSE, YODA, AND THE DESTRUCTION OF THE EMPIRE.

Guest Josh

In the calendars and literature I've seen about Anakin Skywalker he is called the chosen one with lowercase lettering, not the Chosen One with uppercase lettering such as Christ.

Guest darkside

I was getting hyped up for Revenge of the Sith. So my friends and I went to Best Buy and got the DVD of the Star Wars trilogy. I noticed on Return of the Jedi, when showed the spirit Anakin the image was different anyone know what is going on???

Check it out for yourself.

post-10-1116124020.jpg

Guest Human

Oh!!! I just want to see the movie. Hummm!!! maybe on a monday (when everyone is at work, Of course I will call in sick.)

One of the few times that I WILL use my disability against my employer.

It's STAR WARS, after all. ]:)

The premiere of "Stars Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" is just hours away and for some weary D.C.-area fans it can't come soon enough.

At midnight, the movie will be shown at the Uptown Theatre on Connecticut Avenue in northwest Washington where dozens of die-hard fans have been camped out for days.

just-released report by outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas estimates that American businesses will suffer as much as $627 million in lost productivity because of "Star Wars"-induced absenteeism Thursday and Friday, the first two days the film is in release, based on estimated attendance by people who should be at work. The amount lost includes projected lost wages and paid sick leave.

James Pedderson, director of public relations for the Chicago-based firm, said high-tech companies and computer retailers could be the ones seeing the biggest absenteeism, based on the most rabid "Star Wars" fan base that includes "technology-oriented people."

On the other side of the ledger, the film also has positive benefits for the U.S. economy, including increased consumer spending on movie tickets and movie snacks, as well as increased business for the shops and restaurants near the theaters.

Representatives of local high-tech and defense companies generally were reluctant to discuss the issue.

Revengeofsith.jpg

Guest Human

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine who is played by Ian McDiarid, which I think he IS the Sith Lord. Think about it???

In the 2nd Star Wars Movie “Attack of the Clones”, he told then Anakin Skywalker that he “Anakin “could be the greatest Jedi ever.

Remember in the 4th star wars movie?” star wars” that the Emperor disbanded the senate? I mean who else could it be?

I haven’t seen the movie yet? But I have a hunch, Or I could be completely wrong.Once we all go to see the movie we will all know, hopefully?

Guest Jedi

I just saw the movie last night at Uptown Theater in Washington DC. In my opinion, Revenge of the Sith, was a better film than Empire Strikes Back. I loved

it and am going to see it again in 10 minutes.

Guest Maulisbest

I found some information that slightly changes my view on this... and states that there are two sides...

In the ancient times before the Empire, a holy man known only as "the Skywalker" was the first to become aware of the mystical energy field called the Force. He learned of its two halves - the Ashla, or good, and the Bogan, the paraforce of evil. The Skywalker passed on this knowledge to his kin - twelve children who would pass on the Force through their children. They eventually became known as the Jedi Bendu of the Ashla.

I found this information at starwars.com in the behind the scenes section.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine who is played by Ian McDiarid, childreninadvertising. Think about it???

In the 2nd Star Wars Movie “Attack of the Clones”, he told then Anakin Skywalker that he “Anakin “could be the greatest Jedi ever.

Remember in the 4th star wars movie?” star wars” that the Emperor disbanded the senate? I mean who else could it be?

I haven’t seen the movie yet? But I have a hunch, Or I could be completely wrong.Once we all go to see the movie we will all know, hopefully?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.