DC Message Boards
Guest Prof X

1990 Honda Accord Fuel Pump

Guest Prof X   
Guest Prof X

hey i have a 1990 honda accord that wont start it'll turn over but on catch i belive that its the fuel pump and or the relay my question is where is the fuel pump in the honda accord? my other two cars are chrysler vans and the pumps are up front but i cant find it on my honda i'm assuming that its in the rear but where is it?? i know i must sound really stupid but any help would be appriciated.... and one more question i was planning on replaceing the fuel filter as well but i've heard that there might be more than one ... is there??

thanks

Guest prof x   
Guest prof x

oh i forgot to tell you guys its a

1990 honda accord with 2 wheel drive, in line 4, automatic, and an LX

Guest Adam Smith   
Guest Adam Smith

:rolleyes: my name is Adam Smith located in belgium and l saw your ad posted in

dc page.com,so l'm interested in the car, so send me the picture and the condition

as at now.

Guest Adam Smith   
Guest Adam Smith

:rolleyes: my name is Adam Smith located in belgium and l saw your ad posted in

dc page.com,so l'm interested in the car, so send me the picture and the condition

as at now.to tthis email address-adamsmith20066@yahoo.co.uk

Guest james   
Guest james

I think the old hond had the fule pump in gas tank , I have honda crx , its fuel pump in inside fuel tank .

Guest Alex30Pa   
Guest Alex30Pa

Yes the fule pump is in the gas tank i just had mine replaced, if you do not have a lot of tools and are not very good with cars I would take it in to be replaced. My mechanic said it was a pain in the a$$. The whole tank needs to be dropped, and the fuel filter is under the hood in the front and you only have one fuel filter. There is another filter connected to the fuel pump. If you change it yourself, I will wish you good luck, But try the relay first. I could have gone bad and you will save yourself a lot of pain.

Guest RAMIRO   
Guest RAMIRO

I RECENTLY TOOK MY HONDA ACCORD LX 2.2 TO THE SHOP AND THEY

SAID THAT IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP THAT MADE THE CAR NOT START. SO

IM IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING IT... ANY ADVICE AS TO WHAT NOT TO DO,

AND WHAT TO DO ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

P/S. ALSO GUY IN BELGIUM I COULD SEND SOME PICS LET ME KNOW

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Did they check the main relay?

The main relay causes alot of problems and it controls alot of things too

ecu

ignition

fuel pressure

Guest John   
Guest John

Hi Guys,

The fuel pump for honda accord 1990 ex is on the gas tank. But you cannot have access to it before you drain and then remove the tank. To drain the tank open a bolt under the tank. Then remove the gas gauge sensor, which is behind the rear seats. Finnaly you can remove the tank, by removing 2 handles keepeing it. Most of the times fuel pump is in working condition, but the filtering screen attached to it is wasted. So just cleaning it solves the problem most times.

good luck,

John.

Guest david clark   
Guest david clark
hey i have a 1990 honda accord that wont start it'll turn over but on catch i belive that its the fuel pump and or the relay my question is where is the fuel pump in the honda accord? my other two cars are chrysler vans and the pumps are up front but i cant find it on my honda i'm assuming that its in the rear but where is it?? i know i must sound really stupid but any help would be appriciated.... and one more question i was planning on replaceing the fuel filter as well but i've heard that there might be more than one ... is there??

thanks

it should be in the gas tank try droping the tank and see if its in there it might be an electronical fuel pump

Guest Greg   
Guest Greg

I see that these post are very old but I have a question for John. If I take my fuel pump out what is a good way to clean the filter on the pump. Anything I need to know or watch out for. Greg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.