2016 White House Christmas Ornament Collection

1990 Honda Accord Fuel Pump

11 replies to this topic

#1 Prof X

Prof X
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:34 AM

hey i have a 1990 honda accord that wont start it'll turn over but on catch i belive that its the fuel pump and or the relay my question is where is the fuel pump in the honda accord? my other two cars are chrysler vans and the pumps are up front but i cant find it on my honda i'm assuming that its in the rear but where is it?? i know i must sound really stupid but any help would be appriciated.... and one more question i was planning on replaceing the fuel filter as well but i've heard that there might be more than one ... is there??

thanks

white house christmas ornament

#2 prof x

prof x
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:36 AM

oh i forgot to tell you guys its a

1990 honda accord with 2 wheel drive, in line 4, automatic, and an LX

#3 Adam Smith

Adam Smith
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:01 AM

:rolleyes: my name is Adam Smith located in belgium and l saw your ad posted in
dc page.com,so l'm interested in the car, so send me the picture and the condition
as at now.

#4 Adam Smith

Adam Smith
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:04 AM

:rolleyes: my name is Adam Smith located in belgium and l saw your ad posted in
dc page.com,so l'm interested in the car, so send me the picture and the condition
as at now.to tthis email address-adamsmith20066@yahoo.co.uk

#5 james

james
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:30 AM

I think the old hond had the fule pump in gas tank , I have honda crx , its fuel pump in inside fuel tank .

#6 Alex30Pa

Alex30Pa
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:35 AM

Yes the fule pump is in the gas tank i just had mine replaced, if you do not have a lot of tools and are not very good with cars I would take it in to be replaced. My mechanic said it was a pain in the a$$. The whole tank needs to be dropped, and the fuel filter is under the hood in the front and you only have one fuel filter. There is another filter connected to the fuel pump. If you change it yourself, I will wish you good luck, But try the relay first. I could have gone bad and you will save yourself a lot of pain.

#7 RAMIRO

RAMIRO
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:41 AM

I RECENTLY TOOK MY HONDA ACCORD LX 2.2 TO THE SHOP AND THEY

SAID THAT IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP THAT MADE THE CAR NOT START. SO

IM IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING IT... ANY ADVICE AS TO WHAT NOT TO DO,

AND WHAT TO DO ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

P/S. ALSO GUY IN BELGIUM I COULD SEND SOME PICS LET ME KNOW

#8 Guest

• Guests

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:16 PM

Did they check the main relay?

The main relay causes alot of problems and it controls alot of things too

ecu
ignition
fuel pressure

#9 John

John
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:14 AM

Hi Guys,

The fuel pump for honda accord 1990 ex is on the gas tank. But you cannot have access to it before you drain and then remove the tank. To drain the tank open a bolt under the tank. Then remove the gas gauge sensor, which is behind the rear seats. Finnaly you can remove the tank, by removing 2 handles keepeing it. Most of the times fuel pump is in working condition, but the filtering screen attached to it is wasted. So just cleaning it solves the problem most times.

good luck,
John.

#10 david clark

david clark
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

hey i have a 1990 honda accord that wont start it'll turn over but on catch i belive that its the fuel pump and or the relay my question is where is the fuel pump in the honda accord? my other two cars are chrysler vans and the pumps are up front but i cant find it on my honda i'm assuming that its in the rear but where is it?? i know i must sound really stupid but any help would be appriciated.... and one more question i was planning on replaceing the fuel filter as well but i've heard that there might be more than one ... is there??

thanks

it should be in the gas tank try droping the tank and see if its in there it might be an electronical fuel pump

#11 Greg

Greg
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

I see that these post are very old but I have a question for John. If I take my fuel pump out what is a good way to clean the filter on the pump. Anything I need to know or watch out for. Greg

#12 Luke Wilbur

Luke Wilbur

Administrator

• Eagle
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Interests:My family, writing, photography, and my faith.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Fuel filters are cheap. Why don't you just want to replace it?

Here is one for $16.

http://www.partsgeek...3-05011495.html
One of many...

Luke Wilbur
Photo Journalist

Washington DC City Pages
This District's First Online Community
Established in 1994
Free and Open to All

Washington DC Gift Shop

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic