2016 White House Christmas Ornament Collection

1990 Honda Accord Won't Start

97 replies to this topic

#81 frogman

frogman
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Same problems. 1990 accord lx. Turns over but WONT START. Its getting fuel to the injectors, because I can smell it under the hood after I tried starting it for a bit. But it just seems its not getting spark. I just spoiled her with starter, alternator, battery, battery cables, timing belt, water pump, fuel filter, main relay, spark plugs, plug wires, dist cap and rotor, ALL BRAND NEW. My last resort is either the ignition coil, ignitor, a new ecu, or inspect every single wire, fuse and relay on the whole car. any suggestions before I go out and spend anymore money than I have already?

white house christmas ornament

#82 MiamiMitch

MiamiMitch
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

1990 Accord. Running fine and parked. Next day, cranks but never tries to start. About a year ago same thing happened and it turned out to be the wire plugs that go to the distributor. After hours and hours of trying to figure it out, I unplugged and replugged after inspecting. Fired right up. This time, not so lucky. I pulled a plug wire and getting fire, getting fuel but won't run. My question is, if the relay is bad, what exactly does it do? I would think that it would not allow it to fire?? Also, where is the main relay? Should my next step after relay be the ECU? Any ideas would be appreciated.

#83 john

john
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

i have a 1990 honda accord it wont start, theres no fuel, no power in the distributor, and the computer isnt turning on. i changed the distributor, the spark plug cables, engine head, and the timing is right. HELP!!!

#84 henry

henry
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

standard and manual are the same thing

#85 Ken

Ken
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

I have a 1991 Honda acurd. It was running bad I replaced the spark plugs and wires but now it won't start at all any suggestions

#86 Guest

• Guests

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

i have a 1990 accord I have replaced the ecm, the fuel pump and the main relay but my fuel pump still wont kick on iv got power all the way to my fuel gauge but don't know why it stops from there if any one could help I would appreciate it... its a manual if that makes any difference... I don't know if there is another relay under the dash or hood some where that is part of that circuit but I don't know... thanx brandon

#87 Amber

Amber
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'm having simular problems. My 90 accord would crank but never start, left it parked a few days and now nothing. If you pull up on one of the plugs above the distributor the car can start but sounds weak. Any ideas???

#88 Bennie

Bennie
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

hey I have a 1990 Honda accord lx and its not firing. from time to time it cranks, but only for maybe 30 mins. or so. I replaced the main relay and the fuel pump and spark plugs and I don't know what else I can do. Any tips?

#89 Bennie

Bennie
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

hey I have a 1990 Honda accord lx and its not firing. from time to time it cranks, but only for maybe 30 mins. or so. I replaced the main relay and the fuel pump and spark plugs and I don't know what else I can do. Any tips?

would it be something wrong with the ignitor or the coil?

#90 Sandra Pergrina

Sandra Pergrina
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

I meant when the main relay is bad!! And where exactly is it located?(Main Relay)

I have a 1990 Honda Accord with similar problem, I won't start at all!!!! No noise nothing... I have brand new battery, I change the cylinder switch, I change the harness (all the wires the comes out of the switch and finally today I change the main relay and still doesn't want to start, all lights work, signals, radio etc but no other noise or sign of my car wanted to start. Please help

#91 Guest

• Guests

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

My 90 accord was driving the pulley came loose causing both belts to falloff replaced Pulley and bolt put both belts back on the car will crank but it won't start somebody help please

#92 Guest

• Guests

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Hi everyone.I have a !991 Honda accord it ran out of gas and it turn over but it want start it is a 5 speed. 16 valve I do not no where to start. Any ideas

#93 Tonia

Tonia
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

I put the wrong grade of oil in my 98 Camaro,drove it down the street and turned it off. I tried to start it again and it will not turn over. So, I push started it and it will start but will die right after it starts. What is the problem,please?

#94 Guest

• Guests

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

I put the wrong grade of oil in my 98 Camaro,drove it down the street and turned it off. I tried to start it again and it will not turn over. So, I push started it and it will start but will die right after it starts. What is the problem,please?

#95 Jessica

Jessica
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

I forgot to put the oil cap on and now my car won't start it does have oil but it was put putting for several miles then stopped as I slowed down HELP

#96 danielle

danielle
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

I flipped mine and now it wont start any body help?

#97 Homer

Homer
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:29 AM

I've had the same problem as everyone else. I've got a 90 Accord LX and the other day I left my house, it drove two blocks and then died. It hasn't started since. I've replaced the distributor, ignition coil, and spark plugs but I'm still not getting any spark. I'm getting fuel and the battery and ignition switch seem fine. But I live in upstate New York where it's been pretty cold - could this still be the main relay?

#98 Homer

Homer
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:31 AM

I have the same problem i replaced everything but still no spark. How did u fix ur problem please help me

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

2014 Warren G Harding Christmas Ornament