Washington DC Message Boards

I Need To Lose Weight

Guest Paula

Guest Paula

I am not looking for a quick fix weight loss scam. I'm fat. I know how to lose weight. Eat well & Exercise. I have done it before then lost the motivation and gained it all back plus some. What I need is support and encouragement. I want to hear your stories. If you have won the battle I would love to hear about it. If you are still fighting the battle, let's do it together. If you are in the same place as me, looking for encouragement, this seems like a good place to put it all out there.

I am in my thrities and recognize how unhealthy it is to be fat. All I have to do is stop eating junk and get off my butt and exercise. It is so simple and clear but for whatever reason I don't. I am the queen of 'I'll start tomorrow.' Then tomorrow comes and a new list of excuses piles up and I end up not exercising. I don't want to die young. I really don't. The funniest part is that I am a happier person when I exercise and eat well. People who have succeeded tend to say, 'one day it just cliked.' That is the best excuse I make to myself ... I am just going to wait for it to click. It has been 35 years and it hasn't clicked yet. So, this message board is my new plan. Give me your stories and support and I know I can succeed.

• 4 months later...
Guest Same story

I've been battling the same dilemma - up and down, lose it then gain it, feel great then guilty... I am currently in a motivated mode. I started running - almost stopped from lack of motivation and one million excuses, but realized I CAN'T... not this time, not again. It's a mind game. You have to believe you're worth it. You are worth the extra effort it takes to get out there & move your body, you are worth the discipline it takes to say NO to putting something harmful (meaning fattening, high in calories, whatever it is you shouldn't eat at that moment) into your mouth. You know you feel better when you exercise, eat well, and have less weight to carry around, but you don't want to.... why? Try to look at it from a different perspective - it's not just to lose weight. It's to feel good, be confident, be healthier, take advantage of this life, experience more than you would sitting home eating. Each day you put it off is one more day you are cheating yourself the experience of feeling like you accomplished something. Small steps and rewards are important. Just put on a pair of shorts, a t shirt, and sneakers & walk, for just 10 minutes - if you want to go longer do it, but just get out there. Corny but true, if you notice & appreciate your surroundings (nature) you may actually enjoy being outside & WANT to walk, run, ride a bike, whatever. The more you don't want to do it, the better you'll feel when you do it. Basically, it's our decision to be healthy or live a life of "if only"... I know you can do it b/c I'm doing it, it's your choice.

• 1 month later...

This is the best time of year to start to take off those extra pounds. It is several months before the holidays start adding pounds to us. It is also the time of year when the weather changes and makes it easier to get outside and walk, run, bicycle or whatever floats your boat.

I just joined weight watchers and they have a really good plan. I'm not depriving myself of food, but I did cut out the soda's (100%). It is tough I have to admit. I think I stay alive because of the sugar and caffeine I consumed every day.

I'm 45 now and it gets harder every year. Exercise has become a MUST DO in order to lose with any type of speed for me. I bought a pair of new running shoes and I'm starting to Walk/Run first. I work in Chantilly - does anyone know of a nice place to walk/hike in the area.

I'd love to hook up with a few women with common goals to walk with on weekends. I live close to the Appalachian Trail, but I don't feel comfortable walking alone. If interested contact me at womanontarget@hotmail.com

• 5 months later...
Guest Kimberly_*

Have you found success in your weightloss goals. I want to share my story. I use Isagenix.

Before Isagenix I was not happy with the way I looked and I was uncomfortable all the time. I was also uncomfortable with my life because I knew my credit card bills were piling up. I stumbled across this company by accident or maybe it was the answer to my prayer. You see I needed to work from home and also lose weight for health reasons. Lupus gets worst in the winter so I really dreaded that. I started about the 20th of Sept 2005 and YES the 9 Day Cleanse is a safe aggressive way to naturally eliminate impurities and waste so you can burn fat and lose excess weight. This is not a diet because this cleanse actually feeds your body by flooding it with all the nutrients, botanicals, herbs, and enzymes. The best part is I have had no pain from Lupus since I started the program. For the first time in 5 years NO PAIN. Getting the toxins out of the cells allows the body to do what it was meant to do. EVERYONE benefits from this product because we are all exposed to the same toxins (some more than others).

Another side benefit is that after the 9 Day Cleanse, I lost 10lbs and over 23 inches of body fat. I could fit clothes I thought I’d never get into again. To date I have lost 25lbs and over 31 inches. I am so excited because this is the first time I am losing weight and feel great. The company has shown a 90% success rate with these products. I will never be without them again.

The United States has an epidemic of unnecessary obesity and sicknesses. Please lets do all we can to change that. Time to take charge and do all we can to make a difference.

Do me a favor and go to my website www.realfitness.isagenix.com Please let me know what you think. Call me if you have any questions 800-570-3231 x3892 or email me realfitnessbiz@comcast.net. I love the personal experience I have had with this company and now I have been enjoying the priviledge to help so many. Hope to hear from you. :P

Take care

Kimberly

realfitnessbiz@comcast.net

• 2 months later...

hi,

I feel all these weight loss pills and drugs are an eye-wash. They are not effective and on the contrary damage our body and its systems.. One should try and stay away from all these artificial weight loss methods and and do a little bit of exercise for a change .. This does mean a great deal of physical exericse and totally cutting down on junk food, oily stuff and snacks.. Start taking healthy stuff such as soups, salads and fruits and juices which are good for the body and skin too.

If you are really interested , then read this for some great info http://www.medicow.com/topics/Weight-loss

Guest human_*

I simply just don't eat after 8pm. If I get hungry I just suck on a mint.

It's those midnight snacks that are really brutual, I'm at a point now where I got to get my pants tightened because of the weight that I have lost, and I am wheelchair bound for life, so for me to lose weight is no walk in the park.

It's those first 2 months that are the hard part.

Oh!!! and during the day I eat what ever I want, it's just after 8pm it's a NO NO.

Okay I did cut out the potato chips, and put in it's place saltine crackers instead.

• 2 years later...

Losing weight for me is a rollercoaster. It's an up, down feeling of motivation that can either make or break you and your dietary goals. I have read pretty much every article in health magazines, cosmo, fitness, etc. and even looked online for some exercises and tips for eating right. Like everyone has mentioned a hundred times before, exercising is a MUST. You don't understand the impact it really does have on your body and mind. Pills are the easy way out and just a psychological way of making yourself believe your losing weight, that you're actually doing something to better yourself. The truth is, most of them are dangerous and taking a pill to make your lazy self feel better is a waste of your money. I'm not saying you have to get out and run miles everyday and lift weights and do 1000 crunches. You can easily start by walking a little bit everyday. For those of you who are heavy, I know it’s difficult due to shortness of breath, but it IS worth it. If you convince yourself that it wont help, then you're not going to do what you need to do to lose weight. How about when you shop, parking your car in a further parking spot, this gives you a few more steps and helps you more than you think. Or how about taking the steps instead of the elevator. Eventually your short-winded self will begin to lessen and you will start to feel a little more in shape. When losing weight you pretty much are your own best friend or your own worst enemy. To be completely honest, I go through periods where I absolutely cannot stand the way I look and I'm not a heavy girl either. My BIGGEST motivation to eat healthy and exercise is looking at pictures of other girls I know who look GREAT in my eyes. I look at these pictures everyday to remind myself that I too can look that good. My next step is to make a log of everything I eat/drink everyday and record my exercises as well. This may sound a little OCD but it really is nice to reflect upon and maybe push yourself a little harder.

As for meals..

In the morning I switch it up between Oatmeal (Quaker of course) or Eggs (2 scrambled)

As a snack I eat a grapefruit, apple, Yoplait yogurt. (any of these, sometimes I combine the two)

For lunch I have a sandwich on wheat (with light mayo & cheese) OR I have a salad

As a snack before lunch I enjoy a Special K bar (THEY ARE GOOD, I PROMISE!)

For dinner I usually eat a grilled chicken breast but I top it with green onions, balsamic vinegarette, and bleu cheese crumbles (you would be amazed with the flavor that beholds!)

I eat that with one vegetable (green beans or limas or corn) and maybe a side of BROWN whole grain noodles or rice.

For drinks, I ALWAYS have a water bottle at my side and for those who hate water, I also drink apple juice, gatorade, cranberry juice, white grape juice, etc. Pretty much any juice thats 100% juice, no sugars.

Lastly, for those of you who are self concious, let me tell you that I am the most insecure person I know and I am working on it for sure, so I know how it feels and trust me you are not alone.

• 1 year later...

I did Atkins diet, BUT the down side to it IS that IT WILL MAKE YOU Folic Deficient.

Also GET RID of that EVIL WEIGHT SCALE. Go by waist line size "you will feel much better".

Also I DON'T eat out at all. But I do eat junk foods twice a week, and THAT'S IT.

And folks I went from a size 44 waist to a 34 waist line size "As to how much weight I have lost? I really have no clue since I went by waist line size".

And Please Remember; If I can do it " and I am wheelchair bound for LIFE" You CAN do it too.

• 7 months later...

hello friend ,

firstly who is worry about their health and not able to understand that what they do for lose their wait.so i'll gave you a suggestion that this not a big problem for you.

first i'll share you my experience that i lose 10 kg wait with in 3 years.

now you think that how?

so i lose it by yoga.

yoga is best way for shape your body and it is also beneficial for our disease which is not handled by anyone.

i fell very good because i share my experience with you.

• 9 months later...

I would like to share what I am doing to lose weight. Just break your food intake into 6-7 equal meals throughout the day. Do not take heavy breakfast, or lunch or dinner. Eat in little bits, in little quantity throughout the day, and yes, eat as many times as you wish. That is the best part of it. You can eat as many times as you wish, but always in small quantities, so that you do not feel that "tummy full" feel. and try to do some cardio exercise, like walking, jogging, skipping, whatever you feel easy.

• 8 months later...

I would like to share my experience about losing weight. I got diagnosed with diabetic some 4 months ago. For that my doctor advised me to lose weight. At first it was pretty hard as i never really control my eating before. The same time, i don't do exercises. But my will to manage my diabetis pushed me to do my best. I am now controlling and watching what i eat. as much as i want to eat those so called junk foods, i now avoid them and try to eat healthy. I also do jogging and cycling every other day. so far, the result was good and i can't wait to reach my weight goal.

• 1 year later...
Guest wanda doughty

I am not looking for a quick fix weight loss scam. I'm fat. I know how to lose weight. Eat well & Exercise. I have done it before then lost the motivation and gained it all back plus some. What I need is support and encouragement. I want to hear your stories. If you have won the battle I would love to hear about it. If you are still fighting the battle, let's do it together. If you are in the same place as me, looking for encouragement, this seems like a good place to put it all out there.

I am in my thrities and recognize how unhealthy it is to be fat. All I have to do is stop eating junk and get off my butt and exercise. It is so simple and clear but for whatever reason I don't. I am the queen of 'I'll start tomorrow.' Then tomorrow comes and a new list of excuses piles up and I end up not exercising. I don't want to die young. I really don't. The funniest part is that I am a happier person when I exercise and eat well. People who have succeeded tend to say, 'one day it just cliked.' That is the best excuse I make to myself ... I am just going to wait for it to click. It has been 35 years and it hasn't clicked yet. So, this message board is my new plan. Give me your stories and support and I know I can succeed.

I have been in your shoes, lost weight and gained it back, I made a new year's resolution this year to stick to it, I started a home workout program and inlisted in like mind people and Its working, I have a great facebook page where the motivation is pouring in, I am starting a challenge group in a few weeks, its sounds like something you might be interested in? If so let me know! it has helped me to recommit and I have lost 11.5 pounds and 12.5 inches...its working visit my page and sign up for free beachbodycoach.com/lilwanda

Guest wanda doughty

I would like to share my experience about losing weight. I got diagnosed with diabetic some 4 months ago. For that my doctor advised me to lose weight. At first it was pretty hard as i never really control my eating before. The same time, i don't do exercises. But my will to manage my diabetis pushed me to do my best. I am now controlling and watching what i eat. as much as i want to eat those so called junk foods, i now avoid them and try to eat healthy. I also do jogging and cycling every other day. so far, the result was good and i can't wait to reach my weight goal.

I am a beachbody coach and I can help you stay motivated and eat healthy; I have a great facebook group going and I have a new challenge starting in two weeks, its so much fun and it helps us all stay motivated, best part is that you can join for free ..visit my page and check it out, I would love to help you thanks for reading and go visit beachbodycoach.com/lilwanda

Guest wanda doughty

Hello everyone, My name is Wanda Doughty and I want to reach out to all of you! I live to motivate people just like you, I want to help you all. The key to all of it is FINDING MOTIVATION TO CARRY ON, most people start a diet/workout regimen and quit a few days or weeks into it, well I started this new year off with beachbody and I am going strong, I have a great facebook group team that is totally private so we post everything in there. I am a beachbody coach and I am loving it. They have programs from beginners to advanced. Ever heard of P90X? or Turbo Jam? Yoga booty ballet? and so so many more options: I am starting a CHALLENGE GROUP in two weeks and I promise if you join me....I WILL HELP YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY and my coaching is free.. please go check out my website and join me and lets get all of you in my challenge group its free to join visit me @ beachbodycoach.com/lilwanda

• 4 years later...

Stoutness is the point at which your body mass file (BMI) moves toward becoming 30 or above. This is disturbing and it demonstrates that you have a poor control on your eating regimen and most likely carrying on with a stationary life. This warrants numerous inevitable illnesses. If You want to get more about weight lose or expert tips about Health Harms Caused By Obesity

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bedtime foods for weight loss Shed those undesirable pounds while you get your magnificence rest. It's a test the vast majority confront when they're attempting to eat healthy: you're starving just before bed, however you would prefer not to eat something that will wreck your eating regimen. Turns out, going to bed hungry could really hurt your weight reduction endeavors.

1353203_maainn_1489298426_225_640x480_gi

Assembled from Eat This, Not That! here is a rundown of most loved sleep time nourishments that will help you nod off quicker, form lean protein while you rest, or keep you fulfilled throughout the night to maintain a strategic distance from those morning hunger throbs.

1. Greek Yogurt

Greek yogurt resembles the MVP of yogurts, because of its high protein and low sugar content (in unsweetened assortments). The protein is filling and can help you fabricate slender muscle while you rest. A review distributed in the American Journal of Physiology found that eating protein just before you rest animates overnight protein amalgamation, which repairs and develops muscle. Since slender protein helps your body consume fat, getting enough of the macronutrient is key for weight reduction.

2. Nutty spread on entire grain bread

Nutty spread toast is a scrumptious and filling nibble at whatever time of day, yet particularly before bed. This nutty spread contains tryptophan, an amino corrosive that puts you to rest, and the B vitamins in entire grain bread will help you retain it. It is an incredible wellspring of plant-based protein to help you manufacture muscle, and solid monounsaturated fats to keep you full and impact tummy fat.

3. Protein shake

In case you're one of those individuals who want to hit the exercise center at night, recouping with a protein shake can help you assemble muscle while you make up for lost time with your excellence rest. Inquire about recommends eating protein before bed helps your muscles better use the amino acids for protein combination, and building slender muscle is vital to disposing of fat.

4. Curds

Curds is nearly the ideal sleep time nibble. It's rich in casein protein, a moderate discharging protein that keeps you full overnight and will help you repair muscles while you get your magnificence rest. In addition, it contains the rest initiating tryptophan to help you nod off.

5. Banana

Did you know bananas likewise have tryptophan? The amino corrosive will help put you to rest snappier, and the fiber will keep you fulfilled. At around 100 calories every, this sweet organic product will help squash any sugar longings you may have after supper. Have a go at solidifying a banana (unpeeled, obviously), and crush it up with a fork to make a top notch dessert like treat.

6. Almonds

In case you're desiring something salty, chomp on a few almonds. At five grams of protein a serving, they'll help you repair muscle overnight, and the fiber will keep you fulfilled. In addition, almonds are a fat-consuming superfood: One review found that overweight grown-ups who ate ¼ measure of almonds for 6 months had a 62% decrease in weight and BMI.

try this may be it will helpful for you