Washington DC Message Boards

Art

ashawarrior

Dear Fellow Artists:

I would like to inform all of you that on January 6, 2004 through March 31, 2004, I have art for sale at my studio. If you are interested in setting up an appointment or would like to make arrangements to purchase my art. Please do not hesitate to contact me at ashawarrior@yahoo.com.

The art that is for sale consists of works by Afrika M.A.Abney.

As a visual artist, Afrika is influenced by Jorge Somarriba, Marvin Sin, Lois M. Jones, Romare Bearden, Jacob Lawrence and Sam Gilliam,. Afrika has been nominated as Outstanding Emerging Artist for the 17th Mayor’s Arts Award in 2001 by the DC Commissions. In 1997, Afrika was awarded the Arts in Education grant from the DC Commissions. She has received many other awards from various institutions.

Afrika has exhibited in various galleries such as the

· New Harlem Gallery

· The Corcoran Gallery of the Art

· Market 5 Gallery

· The Phillips Collection

She has conducted workshops at such places as A-T Seban Mesut and at several DC Department of Parks and Recreational Centers.

Afrika is selling her abstract paintings, collages and greeting cards. The works range from $5.00 to $500.00.

Thank you and I look forward to receiving your support.

Cordially,

Afrika M.A.Abney