eninn

Friend

• Senator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:08 AM

-----

Someone told me

Everytime ive gotten arrested eye was intoxicated..Well i went to jail two times sober, that was when i got picked up randomly for having warrants.

I've tried to stop drinking, its hard. I can but then what am i going to do..

So I gave him the advice to try to stay away from alcohol gradually, but quickly

as far as I am concerned. My father was an alcoholic and all my brothers and sisters had problems with drinking and drugs.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-9ORuDtkAQY

white house christmas ornament

#22 eninn

eninn

Friend

• Senator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

-----

Someone told me

There is nothing "superstitious" about believing that alcohol is a social plague.

It just takes opening up your eyes and really taking a look...

It's beyond obvious that banning alcohol has positive effects on any religious community that does it: they don't have to deal nearly as much with the huge numbers of date rapes, battered spouses, liver failures, murders and other sequelae that alcohol abuse causes.

Reading the enormous degree of involvement of alcohol abuse in every social malady in the textbook - is very "sobering" indeed.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Zv8unO1qenA

#23 eninn

eninn

Friend

• Senator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:23 AM

I will agree that society would be much better off without alcohol or drugs.

Three religions prohibit alcohol and doctors

the smoking Deleterious

I will give you an illustrative example

You drink wine

I do not drink wine

And you talk to me face to face

I can not bear the smell of alcohol

At the same time, there are the risk of wine on your health

So you and I will take advantage of the move away from wine

Anything harmful to you or to someone else

Try as much as possible to move away from it

Islam instilled family values and gave security to the people. Thus, with Islam, there is no longer a "need" to drink in order to relieve unhappiness and stress by slipping into a fantasy world. One American convert to Islam, who used to drink before in her pre-Muslim days, comments, "I think that being Muslim has made me face up to a lot of things, which is painful, but by working them out I feel much less need to run away from my problems, and alcohol is basically the best way to run away from problems."

The fear of God helps Muslims keep away from not only alcohol, but all other evils prohibited by the Qur'an, such as adultery, abuse of wives and children, and gambling. Peer pressure (brotherhood) also helps Muslims abstain from these sins.

Attempts to abolish alcohol in America (during the Prohibition period) and drugs (the "War on Drugs") were not successful, because the factors that cause people in America to drink and use drugs have not been eliminated.

#24 eninn

eninn

Friend

• Senator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

Christians drink because they believe that there is nothing wrong when one drinks moderately alcoholic beverages. They even support their claim through medical research, that moderate drinking is good for the heart. They support their claim by stating that Jesus Christ (PBUH= peace be upon him) made fermented wine at the wedding in Cana; That he approved of intoxicant drinks in the parable of new wine skins and old wine; That he admitted to drinking wine in describing his lifestyle (”eating and drinking”). And by instituting the cup of the Lord’s Supper he commanded its use until eternity. In otherwords for the Christians, Jesus's (PBUH) example and teachings form the belief and practice. Logically and rationally if wine was good for Jesus (PBUH) it is also good for his followers.

"The Biblical terms for wine (yayin in Hebrew and oinos in Greek) are used in Scripture to refer to the juice of the grape, whether fermented or unfermented. This significant finding discredits the popular claim that the Bible knows only fermented wine, which it approves when used moderately. The truth of the matter is that the Bible knows both fermented wine, which it disapproves, and unfermented grape juice, which it approves.

Some of the reasons Scripture condemns the use of alcoholic beverages are that they distort the perception of reality (Is 28:7; Prov 23:33); they impair the capacity to make moral, responsible decisions (Lev 10:9-11); they weaken moral sensitivities and inhibitions (Gen 9:21; 19:32; Hab 2:15; Is 5:11-12); they cause physical sickness (Prov 23:20-21; Hos 7:5; Is 19:14; Ps 60:3); and they disqualify for both civil and religious service (Prov 31:4-5; Lev 10:9-11; Ezek 44:23; 1 Tim 3:2-3; Titus 1:7-8)." (REF: S. Bacchiocchi. The Sobering Facts About New Testament Wine, Signs of the Times, January 1990)

"Contrary to popular opinion, in the ancient world the preservation of grape juice unfermented was a relatively simple process. It was accomplished by boiling down the juice to a syrup, or by separating the fermentable pulp from the juice of the grape by means of filtration, or by placing the grape juice in sealed jars which were immersed in a pool of cold water, or by fumigating the wine jars with sulphur before sealing them. The use of such techniques clearly indicates that the means of preserving grape juice without fermentation were known and used in the ancient world." (REF. Bacchiocchi, Ibid)

The Wedding at Cana

In the Bible (Revised Standard Version or RSV) in the book of John, Chapter 2 and verses 1-11, describe that Jesus (PBUH) his mother and his disciples were invited to a wedding at Cana in Galilee. Here Jesus (PBUH) shows a miracle by converting water into wine.

" When the steward of the feast tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from: the steward of the feast called the bridegroom, and said to him, “Every man serves the good wine first; and when men have drunk freely, then the poor wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.”     John 2: 10, 11.

Samuele Bacchiocchi (REF: S. Bacchiocchi. The Sobering Facts About New Testament Wine, Signs of the Times, January 1990, pp. 3-5 ) argues that  "good wine" does not mean that it has a high alcoholic  content.

He says Christians believe that the wine was fermented from grape juice and that the word “the best” (John 2: 10 NIV) is interpreted as “a high quality alcoholic wine.” He further states that the words “have drunk freely” does not mean that they were intoxicated from an overuse of fermented wine. According to Bacchiocchi the wine” used in the wedding at Cana was unfermented grape juice and that the Jews at that time knew how to preserve unfermented grape juice through the year. The expression “have drunk freely”, he says, “is used in the sense of satiation. It refers simply to the large quantity of wine generally consumed at a feast, without any reference to its intoxicating effects.”

One can read “In Cana, the disciples did not enjoy the new supply of wine but ‘believed in him’ who had made it (John 2: 11).” (The Broadman Bible commentary Vol. 9, 1970, p. 229).

“ And no one puts new wine into old “wineskins”; if he does, the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost, and so are the skins; but new wine is for fresh skins.”

Mark 2: 22

Christians interpret this verse to mean that Jesus (PBUH) is advising not to put “new wine into old wineskins.” This is rebuffed by Bacchiocchi by quoting Alexander B. Bruce (”The Synoptic Gospels” in The Expositor’s Greek Testament, Grand Rapids, 1956, p.500) “ Jesus was not thinking at all of fermented, intoxicating wine, but of must, a non-intoxicating beverage, which could be kept safely in new leather bottles, but not in old skins which had previously contained ordinary wine, because particles of albuminoid matter adhering to the kin would set up fermentation and develop gas with an enormous pressure.”

“ For John the Baptist (Yahya (AS)) has come eating no bread and drinking NO wine; and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of man has come eating and drinking; and you say, ‘Behold, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!.'

Luke 7: 33,34 (RSV)

Again Christians believe that Jesus (PBUH), is admitting his ‘eating and drinking’ life style and they conclude that Jesus (PBUH), must be drinking alcoholic wine, otherwise he will not be called a “drunkard.”  In counter argument, Bacchiocchi (Ibid) says “Jesus used the phrase “eating no bread and drinking no wine” to describe the life style of John the Baptist (Yahya (AS)) who was socially isolated, whereas Jesus describes his own life style as “ eating and drinking” meaning that Jesus lived a “life style free of social association.”  “ The important point is in the words “Son of man has come eating and drinking” the word wine is missing. Hence if Jesus (PBUH) was a wine-drinker he could have repeated the word wine which he used in describing John the Baptist.

The word “drunkard” used against Jesus (PBUH) is a false accusation. Because on two occasions his adversaries said of him “you have a demon” (John 7:20., 8:118). Does it mean that Jesus (PBUH) had an evil spirit within him simply because his adversaries say so. Jesus (PBUH) was a Prophet and his life style of self-denial is the proof.

The following verses refer to the Last Supper of Christ (PBUH):

“Drink of it, all of you for this is my blood of the cove­nant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I shall not drink again of this fruit of’ the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s Kingdom.”

Matthew 26: 28-29 (RSV).

“ And he said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant,

Which poured out for many. Truly, I say to you, I shall not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the Kingdom of’ God.”

Mark 14: 24-25 (RSV)

Christians believe that the wine used during the Last Supper was alcoholic because words “fruit of the vine” are interpreted as fermented wine. Secondly they assume that during Passover time Jews drink only fermented wine. Bacchiocchi (Ibid) says “Fermented wine is not the natural fruit of the vine but the unnatural fruit of fermentation and decay. The Jewish historian Josephus, who was a contemporary of the apostles, explicitly calls the three clusters of grapes freshly squeezed in a cup by Pharaoh’s cupbearer “the fruit of the vine.” Thus the phrase was used to designate the sweet unfermented juice of the grape….     Christ could hardly have commanded “all” of his followers through the ages to drink the cup if it contained alcoholic wine. There are some to whom alcohol in any form is very harmful. We cannot conceive of Christ bending over to bless in grateful prayer a cup containing alcoholic wine which the Scripture warns us not to look at (Prov 23:31). A cup that intoxicates is a cup of cursing and not "the cup of blessing" (1 Cor 10:16); it is "the cup of demons" and not "the cup of the Lord" (1 Cor 10:21); it is a cup that cannot fittingly symbolize the incorruptible and "precious blood of Christ" (1 Peter 1:18-19). This gives us reason to believe that the cup He "blessed" and gave to His disciples did not contain any "fermented thing" prohibited by Scripture."

\\\\\

Even here, wine is forbidden to Prophet Yahya alayhissalam...

Don't you think it's a bit harsh to treat alchoholism (a disease really) as such a major sin?

يَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الْخَمْرِ وَالْمَيْسِرِ ۖ قُلْ فِيهِمَا إِثْمٌ كَبِيرٌ وَمَنَافِعُ لِلنَّاسِ وَإِثْمُهُمَا أَكْبَرُ مِن نَّفْعِهِمَا
They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and [yet, some] benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit."

[Surah al-Baqarah]

\\\\

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BAgqTlr_zGY

#25 eninn

eninn

Friend

• Senator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:43 AM

At this point any just person cannot help but say: O Messenger of Allah! You are truthful when you said: "Do not use anything prohibited (Haram) as medicine", and when you said: "It is not a medicine but it is a disease".

-May be the use of medicines that contain alcohol percentages consuming, required by the
pharmaceutical industry, which is no alternative to it, provided that the doctor prescribed amended, and may use alcohol disinfectant for external wounds, and a killer of germs, and in creams, fat external

The basic principle in all the drinks they are halal, but to be an intoxicant, or be harmful. The mere presence of alcohol in a drink does not mean that it is haraam unless it reached the extent of causing intoxication, the alcohol was a little a consumer, it is not forbidden drink

. Narated By 'Aisha: Allah's Apostle was asked about Al-Bit a liquor prepared from honey which the Yemenites used to drink. Allah's Apostle said, "All drinks that intoxicate are unlawful (to drink)."

Sahih al-Bukhary, The Book of Drinks, Hadith Number: 5645, Narrated by: Lady Aisha Bint-Abu-Bakr

God does not make healing in anything detrimental to health

The basic principle in all the Fruit (grapes, and so on) they are halal, but to be an intoxicant, or be harmful.

does not mean that it is haraam unless it reached the extent of causing intoxication,

https://www.youtube....h?v=POGgOkPX1gM

#26 eninn

eninn

Friend

• Senator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:05 AM

But it's enough for Muslims to abstain from alcohol. Laws could not prevent people from drinking alcohol in America (the Prohibition Act failed) but one commandment from God was enough for the companions of the Prophet to spit out the alcohol they had in their mouths when the verse was revealed. And to this day, you will find that many Muslims have never tasted a drop of alcohol.

We're not telling you to not drink alcohol due to the Qur'aan which we believe to be the complete truth. We are saying, however, that we absolutely believe the evil of alcohol outweighs its good. To that end, I am thankful that it is so strongly prohibited in Islaam.

As for the health benefits, we can get loads of antioxidants without resorting to alcohol. We can drink non-intoxicating things that will help our hearts and there's not much of a chance that drinking more than a few glasses will give us hangovers, dehydrate us, harm our livers, make us do stupid things/make stupid decisions, etc.

today

On the 9th day of Thul-Hijjah, the Day of Arafat, the pilgrims stay in Arafat until sunset.

It is also reported that the Prophet, salla Allah-u alaihe wa salam, used to say the following supplication: "There is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, the One without a partner. The dominion and the praise are His and He is powerful over everything." Anas Ibn Malik was asked once how he and his friends used to spend their time while walking from Mina to Arafat in the company of the Prophet, salla Allah-u alaihe wa salam. Anas said: "Some of us used to cry out Talbeyah, others used to glorify Allah the Greatest and the rest used to repeat prayers. Each one of us was free to worship Allah in the way he likes without prejudice or renunciation of his right." Bukhari.

In the vast square plain of Arafat, tears are shed, sins are washed and faults are redressed for those who ask Allah for forgiveness and offer sincere repentance for their wrong doings in the past. Happy is the person who receives the Mercy and Pleasure of Allah on this particular day.

#27 eninn

eninn

Friend

• Senator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:19 AM

4. Cases of adultery, rape, incest and AIDS are found more among alcoholics According to National Crime Victimization Survey Bureau of

Justice (US Department of Justice) in the year 1996 alone everyday on an average 2,713 rapes took place. The statistics tell us that the majority

of the rapists, were intoxicated while committing the crime. The same is true in cases of molestation. According to statistics, 8% of Americans

commit incest i.e. one in every twelve to thirteen persons in America is involved in incest. Almost all the cases of incest are due to intoxication

7. Alcohol is prohibited in the Hadith The Prophet of Islam Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

a. In Sunan Ibn-I-Majah Volume 3, Book of Intoxicants, Chapter 30 Hadith No.

3371. Alcohol is the mother of all evils and it is the most shameful of evils. "

b. In Sunan Ibn-I-Majah Volume 3, Book of Intoxicants, Chapter 30 Hadith No.

3392 Anything which intoxicates in a large quantity, is prohibited even in a small

quantity. "Thus there is no excuse for a nip or a tot.

c. Not only those who drink alcohol are cursed but also those who deal with them directly or indirectly are cursed by Allah.

According to Sunan Ibn-I-Majah Volume 3, Book of Intoxicants, Chapter 30 Hadith No. 3380.

It was reported by Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), that Prophet

Muhammad (pbuh) said: God's curse falls on ten groups of people who deal with alcohol. The one who

distills it, the one for whom it has been distilled, the one who drinks it, the one who transports it, the one to who it has been brought, the one

whom serves it, the one who sells it, the one who utilizes money from it, the one who buys it and the one who buys it for someone else

https://www.youtube....h?v=-3i7Vgs4-JQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

2014 Warren G Harding Christmas Ornament