Washington DC Message Boards

nine scientific facts

eninn

The practicality of Islamic Law is one particular aspect that truly impressed me at that time, It is a great blessing that in Islam one finds detailed teachings that result in their desired goals while, at the same time, being extremely practical and consistent with human nature. The lack of such teachings is one of the greatest dilemmas faced by Christianity. For example, with respect to societal cohesion and interaction, the greatest teachings found in the New Testament are what are known as “the hard sayings” of Jesus. They are as follows:

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:38-48).

Christian scholars themselves are perplexed. How are such obviously impossible or impractical teachings to be applied? Just one example of a discussion of these words will suffice to show how perplexing they are to those who staunchly believe in them:

[For interpreting these words, t]he model proposed by Joachim Jeremias is simple, representative, and of continuing influence. According to this model, the Sermon usually is seen in one of three ways: (1) as a perfectionist code, fully in line with the legalism of rabbinic Judaism; (2) as an impossible ideal, meant to drive the believer first to desperation, and then to trust in God's mercy; or (3) as an ‘interim ethic’ meant for what was expected to be a brief period of waiting in the end time, and which is now obsolete. Jeremias adds his own fourth thesis: The Sermon is an indicative depiction of incipient life in the kingdom of God, which presupposes as its condition of possibility the experience of conversion. More complex or comprehensive schematizations have been offered, but most major interpreters can be understood in relation to the options posed by Jeremias.[1]

In Islam, there are no such dilemmas. The teachings are easy, flexible, practical and completely suited to everyday life, even for a new Muslim living in a completely non-Islamic environment, such as I was. The famed author James A. Michener also noted and appreciated this aspect of Islam. In one of the earliest writings that I had read about Islam, entitled “Islam—the Misunderstood Religion,” Michener wrote,

The Koran is remarkably down-to-earth in its discussion of the good life. In one memorable passage it directs: ‘When ye deal with each other in transactions involving future obligations reduce them to writing… and get two witnesses…’ It is this combination of dedication to one God, plus practical instruction, that makes the Koran unique.[2

Looking back, what seems strange to me now is not that people would wish to embody Jesus’ values, but that others would criticize them for it. What seems even stranger is that few Christians, in the modern day, match this profile. is that Muslims seemed to embody Jesus’ values better than Christians.

1. Jesus was bearded, as are most Muslims, but only the rare Christian.

2. Jesus dressed modestly. If we close our eyes and form a mental picture, we see flowing robes, from wrists to ankles—much like the loose Arabian thobes and the Indio-Pakistani shalwar kameez, typical of the Muslims of those areas. What we don’t imagine is the revealing or seductive clothing so ubiquitous in Christian cultures.

3. Jesus’ mother covered her hair, and this practice was maintained among the Christian women of the Holy Land up to the middle of the twentieth century. Again, this is a practice maintained among Muslims as well as Orthodox Jews (of which Jesus was one), but not among modern day Christians.
Manners

1. Jesus focused upon salvation and eschewed finery. How many “righteous” Christians fit this “It’s not just on Sundays” profile? Now how many “five prayers a day, every day of the year” Muslims?

2. Jesus spoke with humility and kindness. He didn’t “showboat.” When we think of his speeches, we don’t imagine theatrics. He was a simple man known for quality and truth. How many preachers and how many evangelists follow this example?

3. Jesus taught his disciples to offer the greeting of “Peace” (Luke 10:5), and then set the example: “Peace be with you” (Luke 24:36, John 20:19, John 20:21, John 20:26). Who continues this practice to this day, Christians or Muslims? “Peace be with you” is the meaning of the Muslim greeting, “Assalam alaikum.” Interestingly enough, we find this greeting in Judaism as well (Genesis 43:23, Numbers 6:26, Judges 6:23, I Samuel 1:17 and I Samuel 25:6).
Religious Practices

1. Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21). Paul taught it wasn’t necessary (Rom 4:11 and Gal 5:2). Muslims believe it is.

2. Jesus didn’t eat pork, in keeping with Old Testament law (Leviticus 11:7 and Deuteronomy 14:8). Muslims also believe pork is forbidden. Christians … well, you get the idea.

3. Jesus didn’t give or take usury, in compliance with the Old Testament prohibition (Exodus 22:25). Usury is forbidden in the Old Testament and the Quran, as it was forbidden in the religion of Jesus. The economies of most Christian countries, however, are structured upon usury.

4. Jesus didn’t fornicate, and abstained from extramarital contact with women. Now, this issue extends to the least physical contact with the opposite sex. With the exception of performing religious rituals and helping those in need, Jesus never even touched a woman other than his mother. Strictly practicing Orthodox Jews maintain this practice to this day in observance of Old Testament law. Likewise, practicing Muslims don’t even shake hands between the sexes. Can Christian “hug your neighbor” and “kiss the bride” congregations make the same claim?
Practices of Worship

1. Jesus purified himself with washing prior to prayer, as was the practice of the pious prophets who preceded him (see Exodus 40:31-32 in reference to Moses and Aaron), and as is the practice of Muslims.

2. Jesus prayed in prostration (Matthew 26:39), like the other prophets (see Nehemiah 8:6 with regard to Ezra and the people, Joshua 5:14 for Joshua, Genesis 17:3 and 24:52 for Abraham, Exodus 34:8 and Numbers 20:6 for Moses and Aaron). Who prays like that, Christians or Muslims?

3. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:8), and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

4. Jesus made pilgrimage for the purpose of worship, as all Orthodox Jews aspire to do. The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca is well known, and is alluded to in the Bible (see The First and Final Commandment).
Matters of Creed

1. Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

2. Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God (see above), and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

One wonders what happened between the practices of the first generation of Jesus’ followers and the Christians of modern day. At the same time, we have to respect the fact that Muslims exemplify Jesus’ teachings more than Christians do. Furthermore, we should remember that the Old Testament foretold three prophets to follow. John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were numbers one and two, and Jesus Christ himself predicted the third and last. Hence, both Old and New Testaments speak of a final prophet, and we would be amiss if we didn’t consider that final prophet to be Muhammad, and the final revelation to be that of Islam

someone told me

You will find this interesting. My son had to write a report about all the contributions Muslims made to the western world. Pretty amazing.Many of these things, they are credited with inventing.

1. Algebra

2. Scientific Method

3. They saved a lot of famous books during the fall of the roman empire

4. geology

Then there was this list of Muslim invention:

1) Coffee

2) Pin-Hole Camera

3) Chess

A form of chess was played in ancient India but the game was developed into the form we know it today in Persia.

4) Parachute

5) Shampoo

6) Refinement

7) crank-shaft device

) Metal Armor

9) Pointed Arch

10) Surgery

11) Windmill

12) Vaccination

13) Fountain Pen

14) Numerical Numbering

15) Soup

17) Pay Cheques

T

18) Earch is in sphere shape?

19) Rocket and Torpedo

20) Gardens

so some one tell me;

I agree with you, however, that Jesus Christ was send as a messenger by God, nothing else. Jesus said so himself as quoted in John 7:16: "I am not teaching you my own thoughts, but those of God who sent me."

Much of the blame for distoring the mission of Jesus Christ belongs to the apostle Paul

so

Jesus Christ peace be upon him

Not sacrificed for any one

e.x

You have a disease

Then comes your brother

Receive treatment instead of you

Is this acceptable to the logic of the mind?

Death to the people who worshiped the calf is repentance

At the time of the Prophet Moses, peace be upon him

Then

At the time of the Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him

Law requires repentance from sin without having to death

Jesus Christ peace be upon him

Not sacrificed for any one

(the soul that sinneth, it shall die)

Each person is responsible for his actions

(the soul that sinneth, it shall die)

“If a man is righteous and does what is lawful and right...he is righteous, he shall surely live...If he begets a son who...has done all these abominable things; he (the son) shall surely die...the son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father for the iniquity of the son.” (Ezekiel 18:5-20)

“Every one shall die for his own sin.” (Jeremiah 31:30)

احمد ديدات التزييف فى الكتاب المقدس - Plaigirism in The Bibl YouTube

A real miracle in one word is a word ( smoke) contained in the Holy Quran while talking about the beginning of the creation of the universe . In spite of the skeptic 's objection to the word on the pretext that scientists call dense clouds scattered call interstellar dust , and this is the scientific term , but that the Quran proves day after day sincerity of his words and Meanings accuracy ,

Words of the Almighty in his book al-Majid , speaking about the beginning of the creation of the universe , and how the sky was in the beginning created smoke , and God separated the heavens to the seven heavens , says the Almighty : ( 11 - Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly. They said: We do come (together), in willing obedience..

12 - So he completed them as seven firmaments in two Days, and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, full or knowledge.

This great Quranic text in which several scientific miracles did not manifest until very recently .

As long as the attention of scientists to the universe that is filled with cosmic dust , and they were when they discovered say that this cloud or cloud this cloud is composed of dust particles . But after their knowledge of the universe evolved and were able to bring these molecules that they call it cosmic dust came out to the earth and subdue it for laboratory analysis , what was the result?

Says the world who oversaw the analysis in the laboratories of the U.S. space agency NASA:

" These molecules , which we called cosmic dust never like dust , and if we want that half of these molecules very carefully the best word is the word ( smoke ) and in English means Smoke".

The irony is that this word (Smoke) put it in brackets , because it is a new word for them , but not new to the Book of Allah , the Almighty , book wonders who told us about it four centuries ago . Therefore, the Almighty God when he told us about it Tell us the word of the minute is the same word used by scientists today to express the fact that this cosmological smoke .

Scientists say today

The Super Nova explosion ( explosion star ) which is transmitted large amounts of smoke , give us the solution to the mystery of the mysteries of the universe , namely the presence of large amounts of smoke in the early emergence of cosmic universe.

If scientists assert that the universe in its infancy, it was full of smoke ! ! Is not that what the Quran says in verse

Then He turned to the heaven when it was smoke...” (Quran 41:11) ) ? !

Of important facts in astronomy today that cosmic smoke spread in huge quantities in the universe , which obscures the light from most of the stars . This smoke covers the surface of planets , and clouds of smoke could be a giant stars and galaxies , if smoke is an important basis in the construction of the universe . Scientists confirm that this smoke is present since the beginning of the creation of the universe .

As long as occurring Western scientists about the " clouds of dust " prevalent in this vast universe , but they finally began to acknowledge that this label is not scientifically accurate , but that the word "smoke" is more accurate , so they say , after they discovered the smoke from explosions Stars Smoking Supernovae:

"The cosmic dust is a fine particles of solid material swim in interstellar space . It's not like dust that we see in homes , but very similar to smoke a cigarette. The presence of this smoke cosmic around stars emerging to help them shape, as well as smoke cosmic stone is construction of the planets . "

This smoke caused by explosions stars, may be a result of the Big Bang at the beginning of creation, and scientists assert that the volume of smoke clouds may be greater than the size of the stars in the universe! It becomes a permanent basis, and there is a high probability that the cosmic approaching this smoke out of our heads ! !

Any that scientists do not rule out that the smoke cloud approaching us land remains even penetrate the atmosphere ! The irony is that the Quran had told all this happens , one of the signs Day of Resurrection, and that God will reveal this smoke, the Almighty says : ( 10 - Then watch thou for the Day that the sky will bring forth a kind of smoke (or mist) plainly visible,

(11) 11 - Enveloping the people: this will be a Penalty Grievous.

(12) 12 - (They will say:) Our Lord! Remove the Penalty from us for we do really believe!

(13) 13 - How shall the Message be (effectual) for them, seeing that an Apostle explaining things clearly has (already) come to them,

(14) 14 - Yet they turn away from him and say: Tutored (by others), a man possessed!

(15) 15 - We shall indeed remove the Penalty for a while, (but) truly ye will revert (to your ways). ) [ smoke : 10-15 ] .

If asked today any scientist at NASA whichever you prefer to call these clouds of cosmic : dust or smoke, tell immediately that the word "smoke " that accurately reflect the reality of these clouds, and our question for those skeptics : Is not this what he did to the Koran when he was Password ( smoke) before NASA scientists four centuries ? ? !

1- Smoking Supernovae, Science Daily, Jul. 24, 2003.

2- Astronomy Picture of the Day, NASA, 21/9/2007.

3- G. Jeffrey Taylor, A New Type of Stardust, Hawai'i Institute of Geophysics and Planetology, Hawaii University. 29/8/2003.

Allah says: "Allah commands you to render trusts to their owners, and when you judge between people, that you do so with justice. Excellent indeed is the admonition He gives you, for Allah hears and sees all things." [Sûrah al-Nisâ': 58]

http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-264-3417.htm

Ennin,

I am not arguing that there have been and are now many great inventors and scientist of Islamic faith. I also do not understand your statement that Muslims follow Christ's actions better than Christians. The video you wrote for me to watch is Muhammad Abdul Jabbar scolding Muslims for not keeping the Law of their faith. This happens in Judaism as well.

But, you fail to respond directly to my questions:

Do you believe our earth was the first to be created before the rest of stars and planets?

Can you love a sinner and hate the sin?

Instead you cut and paste the same conversation that has been around for at least six years written by a man named Jamaal??? Here are three examples to prove my point.

Description: The comprehensiveness, completeness, balance and practicality of the law itself.

By Jamaal al-Din Zarabozo (© 2007 IslamReligion.com)

Published on 02 Apr 2007 - Last modified on 19 Feb 2008

Viewed: 22922 (daily average: 9) - Rating: 4.4 out of 5 - Rated by: 7

Printed: 1896 - Emailed: 5 - Commented on: 0

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/541/

The practicality of Islamic Law is one particular aspect that truly impressed me at that time, coming, again, from my Christian background. It is a great blessing that in Islam one finds detailed teachings that result in their desired goals while, at the same time, being extremely practical and consistent with human nature. The lack of such teachings is one of the greatest dilemmas faced by Christianity. For example, with respect to societal cohesion and interaction, the greatest teachings found in the New Testament are what are known as “the hard sayings” of Jesus. They are as follows:

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:38-48).

- See more at: http://www.faithology.com/community/topic/2634-greatest-men-in-the-earth-and-the-sky/page-2#sthash.OytXfrSy.dpuf

http://www.faithology.com/community/topic/2634-greatest-men-in-the-earth-and-the-sky/page-2

The practicality of Islamic Law is one particular aspect that truly impressed me at that time, coming, again, from my Christian background. It is a great blessing that in Islam one finds detailed teachings that result in their desired goals while, at the same time, being extremely practical and consistent with human nature. The lack of such teachings is one of the greatest dilemmas faced by Christianity. For example, with respect to societal cohesion and interaction, the greatest teachings found in the New Testament are what are known as “the hard sayings” of Jesus. They are as follows:

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/16505/P15/#186158

If you are not Jamaal, then please put quotes around the words written by others, so I know what you actually are writing and thinking.

Matthew 10

10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the one who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You might like this thought. Both you and I have shared breath. God connects us all.

Astronomer Harlow Shapley calculates that the Argon you exhale will have spread across the country within a week, and within one year the same argon atoms you exhale will have traveled around the entire earth, some of them making there way back to you (maybe as few as 15) to be breathed again.

Shapley says that your next breath will contain 400,000 argon atoms that Ghandi breathed during his long life, argon atoms from conversations at the Last Supper, and from recitations by classical poets like Shakespeare.

The gas Argon maintains a constant interaction between everyone past and present. This means we are breathing argon from the first breath of every newborn and the last breath of everyone who passes on. Can you imagine, the list is endless of those who we have breathed through Argon, heroes and villain alike. Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Mother Theresa, JFK, Martin Luther King, Aristotle, Di Vinci, Joan of Arc, Einstein, Plato, the dinosaurs, whales, your neighbors pet, make your own list! You’ve been sharing Argon with everyone your entire life! You literally inhale and exhale your ancestors!

http://healingmankind.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/breathing-gandhi-eternally-connected-to-others/

I am sure Mohammed knew this revelation. The Book of the Prophet Enoch (Idris) was written 800 years before he was born.

Chapter 40

And after that I saw thousands of thousands and ten thousand times ten thousand, I saw a multitude beyond number and reckoning, who stood before the Lord of Spirits. And on the four sides of the Lord of Spirits I saw four presences, different from those that sleep not, and I learned their names: for the angel that went with me made known to me their names, and showed me all the hidden things. And I heard the voices of those four presences as they uttered praises before the Lord of glory.

The first voice blesses the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever. And the second voice I heard blessing the Elect One and the elect ones who hang upon the Lord of Spirits. And the third voice I heard pray and intercede for those who dwell on the earth and supplicate in the name of the Lord of Spirits. And I heard the fourth voice fending off the Satans and forbidding them to come before the Lord of Spirits to accuse them who dwell on the earth. After that I asked the angel of peace who went with me, who showed me everything that is hidden:

'Who are these four presences which I have seen and whose words I have heard and written down?'

And he said to me:

'This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering:

and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael:

and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel:

and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.'

And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices heard in those days.

Chapter 41

And after that I saw all the secrets of the heavens, and how the kingdom is divided, and how the actions of men are weighed in the balance. And there I saw the mansions of the elect and the mansions of the holy, and mine eyes saw there all the sinners being driven from thence which deny the name of the Lord of Spirits, and being dragged off: and they could not abide because of the punishment which proceeds from the Lord of Spirits.

And there mine eyes saw the secrets of the lightning and of the thunder, and the secrets of the winds, how they are divided to blow over the earth, and the secrets of the clouds and dew, and there I saw from whence they proceed in that place and from whence they saturate the dusty earth.

And there I saw closed chambers out of which the winds are divided, the chamber of the hail and winds, the chamber of the mist, and of the clouds, and the cloud thereof hovers over the earth from the beginning of the world.

And I saw the chambers of the sun and moon, whence they proceed and whither they come again, and their glorious return, and how one is superior to the other, and their stately orbit, and how they do not leave their orbit, and they add nothing to their orbit and they take nothing from it, and they keep faith with each other, in accordance with the oath by which they are bound together. And first the sun goes forth and traverses his path according to the commandment of the Lord of Spirits, and mighty is His name for ever and ever.

And after that I saw the hidden and the visible path of the moon, and she accomplishes the course of her path in that place by day and by night-the one holding a position opposite to the other before the Lord of Spirits.

And they give thanks and praise and rest not;

For unto them is their thanksgiving rest.

For the sun changes oft for a blessing or a curse,

And the course of the path of the moon is light to the righteous

And darkness to the sinners in the name of the Lord,

Who made a separation between the light and the darkness,

And divided the spirits of men,

And strengthened the spirits of the righteous,

In the name of His righteousness.

For no angel hinders and no power is able to hinder; for He appoints a judge for them all and He judges them all before Him.

As for the Ezekiel. The passage you refer to did not mean that doing good works would atone for past sins eternally. It meant that doing good works could preclude God’s judgment of premature physical death, a judgment promised under the Mosaic Law for those who practiced wickedness. The entire chapter reveals the consequences of good and bad conduct in this physical life under the Mosaic Covenant. It does not deal with the subject of eternal life. Eternal life has always come to a person by faith alone.

Christians are personally responsible for our actions, just as the Israelites were. Our personal actions will affect our lives just as was true in Israel. For Christians, who live under the New Covenant, premature death may be God’s judgment for sin. However, under the New Covenant what we do in this life also has eternal consequences, not that we will lose our salvation, but we will suffer the loss of some eternal rewards. The Lord normally gave Old Testament saints the hope that their material reward would come before they died, but He has given Christians the hope that our reward will come mainly after we die. God has always justified people for their trust in Him, and He has always rewarded them for their works.

The Prophet Daniel speaks more clearly of death and the glory resurrection. But, it does not define ascension to the new kingdom as mentioned in Enoch and later Jesus.

Daniel 12

12:2 Many of those who sleep

in the dusty ground will awake –

some to everlasting life,

and others to shame and everlasting abhorrence.

12:3 But the wise will shine

like the brightness of the heavenly expanse.

And those bringing many to righteousness

will be like the stars forever and ever.

Just look at how some people in the West have no idea about the origin of Mathematics and Science and that the foundations of both were set by the non western world, way way before western science and mathematics was ever thought of. China, Ancient Greece, India, Egypt, Near East as well as Islamic countries. Without the centuries of research by these non Westeners including the Arabs, Greeks and Chinese and the Egyptians together with all their Gods, you might still be throwing spears and smearing coloured dirt on your face.... You just might also have stop using the decimal point and stop using words like algebra and algorithm both of which derive from Islam.

Science in the medieval Islamic world, also known as Islamic science or Arabic science, is the science developed and practised in the Islamic world during the Islamic Golden Age (c.750 CE – c.1258 CE). During this time, Indian, Asyriac, Iranian and especially Greek knowledge was translated into Arabic. These translations became a wellspring for scientific advances, by scientists from the Islamic civilization, during the Middle Ages.

Scientists within the Islamic civilization were of diverse ethnicities. Most were Persians,Arabs, Moors, Assyrians, and Egyptians. They were also from diverse religious backgrounds. Most were Muslims,

Science in the medieval Islamic world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History of mathematics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muslim scientists placed far greater emphasis on experiment than had the Greeks.This led to an early scientific method being developed in the Muslim world, where significant progress in methodology was made, beginning with the experiments of Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen) on optics from c. 1000, in his Book of Optics. The law of refraction of light was known to the Persians.The most important development of the scientific method was the use of experiments to distinguish between competing scientific theories set within a generally empirical orientation, which began among Muslim scientists. Ibn al-Haytham is also regarded as the father of optics, especially for his empirical proof of the intromission theory of light. Some have also described Ibn al-Haytham as the 'first scientist' for his development of the modern scientific method.

In mathematics, the Persian mathematician Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi gave his name to the concept of the algorithm, while the term algebra is derived from al-jabr, the beginning of the title of one of his publications. What is now known as Arabic numerals originally came from India, but Muslim mathematicians did make several refinements to the number system, such as the introduction of decimal point notation.

History of science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 'First True Scientist' (BBC Science and Environment News)

Isaac Newton is, as most will agree, the greatest physicist of all time.

At the very least, he is the undisputed father of modern optics,­ or so we are told at school where our textbooks abound with his famous experiments with lenses and prisms, his study of the nature of light and its reflection, and the refraction and decomposition of light into the colours of the rainbow.

Yet, the truth is rather greyer; and I feel it important to point out that, certainly in the field of optics, Newton himself stood on the shoulders of a giant who lived 700 years earlier.

For, without doubt, another great physicist, who is worthy of ranking up alongside Newton, is a scientist born in AD 965 in what is now Iraq who went by the name of al-Hassan Ibn al-Haytham.

Most people in the West will never have even heard of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNpfWrTqHM

#

I am trying to figure whether you are making a racial or religious, or both racial and religious remark here.

I would disagree that Greece was Eastern. I would place it the crossroads of Europe, Western Asia, and Africa. Ancient Greece is considered the birthplace of Western civilization. I am sure you know its history with Persia. I do have a fondness for Cyrus the Great. But, he was Zoroastrian (side note. I believe Zoroastrian was the first religion to believe in one God).

zarathustra.jpg

Asha defined: The first among Gathic concepts (enumerated earlier) is ASHA. It is an Aryan concept, shared by Hindus, as well as by Persians. In archaic Sanskrit, it is Rta/Rita, and the Law of the Universe. In both Sanskrit and Gathic Avestan, it literally means "what fits", in any and every situation; in every physical, emotional, ethical, mental, material and/or spiritual relationship.

In the realm of the strictly physical and material, it can be defined as the amalgam of laws that rule and uphold the Cosmos - the laws of chemistry, physics, biology, etc. It is what is real, accurate and factual. Without Asha, scientifically the use of verifiable repeatable experiments to establish scientific theory, laws and facts would not work, for Asha is the Ordering Principle of the Universe. It's this, for example, what makes water always freeze at the same temperature, under the same pressure and chemical composition. Thus it is also 'Precision'.

In the ethical and emotional sense, it means what is good for existence, what is the right thing to do, what is in harmony with God's Order or Plan, and thus what is in harmony with God's will. It is in this sense that it is closer to righteousness and justice, but even here it has other meanings as, I pointed out in the previous sentence. It is in the mental sense that Asha is more like what science finds about creation, it is Reality itself and in the strictly spiritual sense, is more like truth, objective truth, but it includes Objective Right and Objective Reality. In all these senses it is opposed to Druj as delusion, illusion and falsehood. But if there is one definition that encompasses all of these shades, it is Asha as Order, It is Order of what is Right, True and Real. All in a nut shell, it is The True and Right Order of Things, The framework of Science Ethics, Religion and Reality.

The indwelling of Deity in existence is better shown and grasped in Asha and Fire. For Asha clearly indwells all existence and makes it possible, as many laws such as Gravity, that keeps matter together, and as Osmosis, which allows the oxygenation of blood through breathing. Asha makes possible everything we see, hear and smell, and every breath we take. It is a clear example of why the Yatha Ahu insists that through Asha and Vohu Manah, the deeds of life are done for the Most Wise Creator. In Xianity we see this teaching, that is inferred in the Gathas and their terminology as well. Especially in Paul, when he quotes a Greek philosopher, talking about the Unknown God and says:"In Him we move, live and have our being".

http://www.zoroastrianism.cc/asha.html

I have mentioned several times that it appears the Zoroastrians influenced the concept of 'hell' to the Jewish pharisees held in captivity, then on to Christians. If only Alexander did not decimate the Persian capital we would know so much more about this.

I would agree that Babylon had the first recorded use of mutual prime integers estimated 1800 BC. Babylonian's were not Islamic. There deities were copies of the Sumerians. Just like Romans copied the Greeks. Arphaxad's family lived in Shinar and Ur. Abraham and Jacob where Arphaxad's descendants. But, Abraham rejected the world of many gods. So, yes the Jews, Christians, and Muslims have a great linage in that sense.

As for Europeans. I would state that you need to read your history of the Roman Empire. Just like Sumerian, Babylonian, Persian, Greek, Egyptian, Ethiopian, Mauryan, Ottoman, ect... the Romans had many great achievements. Look up aeolipile as an example.

In short whenever you have a large body of people together great scientific and socioeconomic achievements happen. The United States built and used the world's most destructive weapon from the minds of American and European scientists. Read the Einstein–Szilárd letter to President Roosevelt.

http://www.dannen.com/ae-fdr.html

Today we have world collaborations like CERN and the International Space Station. Meaning we are all in this together.

America is a soup pot filled with people from every corner of the globe including: China, Greece, India, Egypt, Near East as well as Islamic countries. These Americans make the USA great. My family is from Spain, a historical hub for Muslims, Christians, and Jews. Europe is full of migrants too.

It is ok to have national, cultural, and religious pride. But, do not think one side is mentally superior to the other. That is a losing argument. We are all the creation of God (Allah).

Muhammad al-Ghazālī may have been a great A mujaheddin, but the video you posted sheds light that his reforms stomped out science for the Muslim people. Neil Degrasse Tyson states that scientific innovation for the Middle East has not recovered since. I will have to better understand why Muhammad al-Ghazālī thought "mathematics is the work of the devil." That is why I have written to you that the problem is not with Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Rather the problem lies with with the intelligent scientific approach atheists have learned from Jews, Christians, and Muslims in undoing humanities moral belief in God (Allah, Adonai)and replacing it with a more probable odds approach.

Gandhi once tried to figure the best way to protest the British was to follow Jesus Christ's Sermon on the Mount speech and create a successful peaceful protest which made him famous. Martin Luther King and Nelson Mendela followed the same path and were victorious. That is why I believe that we must show those who do not believe tolerance and display good morals for them to follow.