Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

#23 eninn

eninn

Friend

• Senator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

This same practice was done when a priest was dedicated to God. "Thus you shall do to them to cleanse them: Sprinkle water of purification on them, and let them shave all their body, and let them wash their clothes, and so make themselves clean" (Numbers 8:7).

But if you anticipate revealing more of your intimate parts - that is, if someone (like your husband) is going to see you uncovered (i.e., without underwear) -- your genital area should be shaved or at least trimmed closely.

Here's another biblical passage that addresses the issue of women shaving in the context of intimate relations: "Then you grew up, became tall and reached the age for fine ornaments; your breasts were formed and your hair had grown. Yet you were unclothed and bare." (Eze 16:7)

The speaker is praising the attributes of a young woman who is ready to take a husband: as she has come of age into womanhood, she has developed shapely breasts and pubic hair. But in the next verse, she is described as unclothed and bare. Why would she be described as both unclothed and bare? Because unclothed means without clothes, while bare means without body hair. This wording indicates she has had her body hair, including her pubic hair, shaved off.

In some cases, it's clear that the Lord has not only looked favorably on pubic shaving, but actually imposed it on His people:

...therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and Jehovah will lay bare their secret parts. (Isa 3:17)

So far, we've only discussed female shaving, but males were not exempt. In Jer. 49:10, we read: "But I have made Esau bare, I have uncovered his secret places..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

2014 Warren G Harding Christmas Ornament