Conference sessions will cover the adoption process, options, and resources available to you both before and after adoption. Your individual questions will be answered by adoption experts, and you will hear personal stories from adopted individuals, birthparents, and adoptive parents.
- Agency Selection and Understanding the Screening Process
- "Will She Really Love Us? Will We Really Love Her?" Common Worries of Adoptive Parents
- Introduction to Tools to Finance Your Adoption
- Adopting Out of Foster Care
- Domestic Adoption: Degrees of Openness- What is a Good Fit for My Family?
- Intercountry Adoption: Adoption and Orphans- Grief and Loss
- Prospective Adoptive Fathers-Only Session: Adoption from a Man's Point of View
Conference registration is $35/person. The fee includes entrance to all sessions, supplies, and lunch. To register, please visit www.adoptioncouncil.org/events or call 703.299.6633.