Washington DC Message Boards

Telecheck Merchant Accounts

Guest LAW

Our company considered using Telecheck to sell our online products.

We conditioned our contract with Telecheck that they could only start

billing our company when we recieved our first transaction.

Telecheck breached our contract with them by sending us invoice statements

before our first transaction.

For over 6 months I have called Telecheck's Merchant accounts department

every month after I have recieved an invoice. My response from the following

people:

In March I spoke with Ivan (Did Not get the last name)

June, July, August, September, 2004 I spoke with Christy at Merchant Services

telephone 713.332-7013

August 2004 I spoke with Hector at Merchant Services

In September, October I spoke with Bernadette Henderson

Telephone 713.331-7156

Today Jackie Hubert - Phone Supervisor

Everytime they apoligize to me and tell me the account is now closed. Every month

I recieve a statement.

Our records show your account is past due.

Today I have tried repeatedely to contact Telecheck's President. Mrs. Brown,

on this matter

18009270599 x39284

Mrs. Brown has a wave of customer service people taking her messages. I get no response.

I also contacted Steven Moore

18009270599 x7059

I have now spent over 14 hours trying to deal with something I now definiteley do

not want. This is pure harassment.

If anyone has any ideas on what I should do next, please let me know.

Whatever you do

DO NOT USE TELECHECK

Guest VERY HAPPY TELECHECK CUSTOMER

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have been a Telecheck online merchant for over four years,processing some 2.25 million dollars with this company with ABSOLUTELY no problems.

It is apparent that you do not understand just how payment processing works.

From what my simple mind can gather, a monthly minimum is assessed to each merchant in order to offset the items that are NOT collected in a timely manner or in some cases due to fraud,NOT COLLECTED AT ALL.

My company experienced a minor set back due to a rash of fraudulent transactions that almost crippeled our assets.

THANK GOD FOR TELECHECK.

If it were not for this company absorbing such costs,small businesses like ours would surely perish or at least suffer great losses.

My advise:

Read ALL PAPERWORK BEFORE SIGNING AND ASK QUESTIONS.

Do not speak of that which you don't understand and most of all

STOP WHINING!

WOW! You must really love Telecheck. Next time don't make it so obvious that you work there, jackass.

I've used Telecheck in the past and it was a nightmare. Customer service is a Joke. Maybe some of their workers could do more then check message boards. This topic was up less then 72 hours and you've already responded and made absurd statements.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have been a Telecheck online merchant for over four years,processing some 2.25 million dollars with this company with ABSOLUTELY no problems.

It is apparent that you do not understand just how payment processing works.

From what my simple mind can gather, a monthly minimum is assessed to each merchant in order to offset the items that are NOT collected in a timely manner or in some cases due to fraud,NOT COLLECTED AT ALL.

My company experienced a minor set back due to a rash of fraudulent transactions that almost crippeled our assets.

THANK GOD FOR TELECHECK.

If it were not for this company absorbing such costs,small businesses like ours would surely perish or at least suffer great losses.

My advise:

Read ALL PAPERWORK BEFORE SIGNING AND ASK QUESTIONS.

Do not speak of that which you don't understand and most of all

STOP WHINING!

You do not seem to understand my post "Happy Customer."

But, I do not agree with the statement on the previous post. I will try further clarify my public notice.

I did sign a contract with Telecheck.

There accounting department broke the contract by billing me before I had

processed a single transaction.

The contract I signed with Telecheck specifically states Telecheck will not bill me for anything until they receive one transaction.

What type of merchant business do you run. Is yours online or a brick and mortar establishment?

The problem specifically is with their online service, their accounting department, and their legal team.

As a business person you understand the meaning of lost time expense. You should be concerned as a customer of Telecheck that you might have the same problem in the future.

P.S. I am still waiting on the Apology from Telecheck Services and hoping I do not get a bill next month.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chris dahl

Re:TeleCheck

I understand why you merchants want & need a service like Telecheck.

But as a customer, I think you are making a big mistake by only relying on them

to verify checks.

I've been buying gasoline at a locally owned station for about 2 years.

I know the owner, like the owner and the brand they sell. Sometimes I pay with a credit card, sometimes by check. Never had any problems with my check. The station has been a Telecheck merchant since before I started going there.

Two days ago Telecheck declined my check. So I called them. The Telecheck rep

said it was declined because my check did not meet their standards. What standards I asked.It could be bad check history, check number, amount of the transaction,number of checks written or number of transactions thru my account. They said there was no "negative history".I said "Great! So what standard did I not meet?".

Their response blew me away...."Our system is NOT set up to tell us specifically why we would not ok your check".

As a small business person myself that angered me. They set a "standard" but cannot tell us what we may have violated??! My check was handed back to me in front of 6 people with the words "your check was declined". Because they don't know there are other reasons besides "bad checks", they automatically assume it's because I was trying to write a bad check. I've already gotten a call from someone else I wrote a check to who got a call from one of the six people who saw my check being declind. Talk about a nightmare!

With the change in how checks are processed, electronically presented versus

physically presented, companies like Telecheck will have way too much influence

and impact over our banking lives.

My advice: if you see the Telecheck sign at a store,do not buy anything and walk out. Just be sure to tell management it's because of their use of Telecheck. Maybe that will get the system to change.

Oh, by the way, Telecheck told me they could not say if the next check I write would be accepted until I write it, so this is now a never ending problem.

DO NOT USE Telecheck or their merchants!!

• 4 weeks later...

It is now been almost a month and I received another bill from Telecheck. The company's Director of Merchant Services, Yvonne Larsen, gave me her word that this would be resolved and yet I am still getting billed.

I left Yvonne a message on her voice mail and I will have to wait for her response. I can only imagine that Telecheck has no control over its billing software.

I did take the time to call a Telecheck Merchant Representative, Wanda, as well. She told me to disregard my current invoice. Wanda stated that corrections were made to my account on December 3 that zeroed out the $80.00 owed and gave me a billing confirmation number 18 to use if I have further problems. Dealing with this problem for 9 months (as you can see from my prior posts) I am skeptical.

I finally received this email from Telecheck today. It states that they sent me a prior email on October 26, 2004. It is possible it was sent, but I never received it.

In addition, I still did receive and Invoice from them on December 3, 2004.

Note that she did not spell my name right.

Subject:        FW: Follow Up to Our Conversation

Dear Dear Mr. Wilber:

As a followup to the attached note, TeleCheck has posted the $80.00 credit to your TeleCheck account ######.

Your business will receive an October statement from TeleCheck around Nov 10 reflecting the posting of this $80.00 credit.

This will bring the balance to zero, per our commitment to you.

I would be happy to email you a copy of this statement in early November in advance of the mail.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Yvonne Larsen

Director - Merchant Services Operations

Here was the attachment I received.

This letter shall serve as confirmation that TeleCheck account number ###### was canceled effective June 16, 2004. TeleCheck will post a credit to your account of $80.00 to bring the account balance to zero. 

TeleCheck regrets that it did not initially accommodate the special instructions written on your service agreement. The custom term that has generated this issue was an unusual one; I apologize that a TeleCheck employee may have been unfamiliar with the specifications for setting up a new account under these terms. However, TeleCheck continues to be willing to perform under the terms of its contract with you.   Please feel free to contact me at 1-800-927-0599, extension 7148 if you have any questions or if TeleCheck can be of further assistance. 

Sincerely,

Yvonne Larsen

Director – TeleCheck Merchant Services

Now hopefully the issue is closed. What Telecheck needs to realize is that this correction took over 9 months and over 18 hours of my business time to get

this apology. THANK GOD I reviewed their contract.

If they were my customer and I was charging them for my time their bill would be over $2000.00

I really hope they have learned a lesson from this. Any company is only good thier word. Integrity counts.

I cannot believe it, but we have received another TeleCheck Bill today.

Today's Balance due is......

Drum Roll Please..... $160.00

This company must give its employees some really good 'Kind' bud.

Their scenerio is one of the following:

a. they have no control of their computer system.

b. they do not know how to control their computer billing system.

c. they have no control of the company they outsourced in Bagdad.

d. they have other intentions.

e. they are being malicious.

f. they are just trying to waste time, electricity, paper, ink

g. they just don't care

h. they just don't know

i. All of the above.

I remember when my insurance company agreed to pre-approve me for several medical programs, they “the insurance company" said that I was covered, but then after further review while I was receiving the said benefits they realized that I really wasn't.

The insurance company said since my coverage did not allow it that their pre-approval of the coverage was premature, and that I would have to cover the $85,000 bill myself.

Since they signed that adorable little contract with the Hospital, I told them TOUGH. Oh!! They threatened to take me to court, to sue me beyond belief.

I told them that if I received just one more letter that I would sue them for 100 times the amount that they owed for just trying to piss me off.

You see, most people do not realize that if you pay “EVEN A PENNY", then you have assumed the responsibility yourself, and hence you are out of luck.

Since I knew this, I knew that all their threats did not amount to anything. Since they pre-approved it they were out of luck.

Usually most people don't know this, and gawd they really get nailed to the ceiling.

Luke, maybe it's time you stopped playing with this yourself, and get a lawyer.

Get a good look as to where you really stand.

Oh!! By the Way; the Insurance company never bothered me again, and I still have them as my Insurance Company.

You better Believe that they Hate my Guts. (Some Times I am a Really Good Ahem.)

• 2 months later...
Guest A telecheck competitor's tak

:huh: Any big company like telecheck will have some bad experiences and customers, but telecheck sure seems to have more than its fair share. I recently spoke with a business who signed with telecheck, and their agreement is for 4 YEARS! This company has surprised a lot of people, both clients and people wanting to pay by check.

I f you have a bad experience with telecheck, let the store manager or corporate office know.

If you want an industry secret about "check guarantee" services like telecheck, read an article on the web -- http://www.bumchecks.com/checkguarantee.htm. Telecheck is really an "insurance pool" for businesses, and it is usually not a very good deal as 98% of a merchant's checks are typicall good but telecheck charges a merchant for all the checks it takes.

I know about telecheck because I work for a collection agency. Some of the other reps in this agency have come from telecheck.

If you are a telecheck rep reading this, you can rad about one of your competitors -- http://www.bumchecks.com (NorthStar Technologies).

• 4 weeks later...
Re:TeleCheck

I understand why you merchants want & need a service like Telecheck.

But as a customer, I think you are making a big mistake by only relying on them

to verify checks.

I've been buying gasoline at a locally owned station for about 2 years.

I know the owner, like the owner and the brand they sell. Sometimes I pay with a credit card, sometimes by check. Never had any problems with my check. The station has been a Telecheck merchant since before I started going there.

Two days ago Telecheck declined my check. So I called them. The Telecheck rep

said it was declined because my check did not meet their standards. What standards I asked.It could be bad check history, check number, amount of the transaction,number of checks written or number of transactions thru my account. They said there was no "negative history".I said "Great! So what standard did I not meet?".

Their response blew me away...."Our system is NOT set up to tell us specifically why we would not ok your check".

As a small business person myself that angered me. They set a "standard" but cannot tell us what we may have violated??! My check was handed back to me in front of 6 people with the words "your check was declined". Because they don't know there are other reasons besides "bad checks", they automatically assume it's because I was trying to write a bad check. I've already gotten a call from someone else I wrote a check to who got a call from one of the six people who saw my check being declind. Talk about a nightmare!

With the change in how checks are processed, electronically presented versus

physically presented, companies like Telecheck will have way too much influence

and impact over our banking lives.

My advice: if you see the Telecheck sign at a store,do not buy anything and walk out. Just be sure to tell management it's because of their use of Telecheck. Maybe that will get the system to change.

Oh, by the way, Telecheck told me they could not say if the next check I write would be accepted until I write it, so this is now a never ending problem.

DO NOT USE Telecheck or their merchants!!

I am in full agreement with this post. I had a check recently declined in Arvada, Colorado at a Gart Sports location. I paid the bill with a credit card but the embarassment was significant. The line was several people long and the looks from the other customers translated into "trying to pass a bad check huh". I called the number and after dealing with the poorly structured auto-attendant finally dealt with some woman who asked the same questions (as the auto-attendant) over again. The lady did tell me that my check was not declined because of some fictitious bad report but because they needed some information from the actual check! Is it possible that the merchants check reader was malfunctioning and did not read all the characters? I am not sure what is going on with TeleCheck but this is the last time I do business with a TeleCheck merchant. In fact I will be transitioning to check cards or all credit cards as a result. In the mean-time Gart Sports will no longer receive any of my business and neither will other TeleCheck merchants.

Guest Guest

Just a question. If you were having a yardsale and one of the objects for sale was a riding mower that was new but you just did not need it. A person that you have never met wants to buy this mower from you for $1500.00 but wants to pay by check. Will you gladly take his check and give him YOUR mower. or will you say im sorry cash only. If you say cash only, why is that. This person might cry and say ill never shop at a cash only yard sale again. Do you get where im going with this. I hope you do or any amount of explination will not sink in. If merchants rely on the honesty of all people shoping with them they would loose a HUGE percentage of there profits. It is sad but there are people who make a living on using fradulant creditcards and checks. companys like telecheck give these merchants a piece of mind that they can treat all of there customers the same and take there check without fear of going out of business from fraudlant sales. Would companys like wallmart, old navy, toys r us, comp usa, six flags, kinkos, hollywood video, waldenbooks, autozone, delta airlines and 300,000 more retailers just like them use telecheck if it was not an essential part of their success.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest krystalyn

OMG!!!

I went to the "Dollar Tree" to buy $4.31 worth of crap and I was denied because of Telecheck. I called their number and it said about me:

This has nothing to do with the checks you've written

or the relationship with your bank

or your credit.

We just feel you don't meet our criteria and then they wouldn't give me a reason beyond that!!!

There is no telephone number except if you are a company and want to use "Telecheck"

I am boycotting all "TELECHECK" companies, because they are not worthy of my GOOD CHECKS!!!

WWW.FTC.GOV

I reported them to the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISION!!!

FTC does not act on individual cases, but

they DO act on cases that show a pattern

IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS BEEN DENIED

BECAUSE OF "TELECHECK" TELL THEM TO EITHER

--A. CALL FTC AT 1-877-382-4357 AND REPORT DETAILS

--B. REPORT DETAILS ON A COMPLAINT FORM AT WWW.FTC.GOV ]

-----see top bar and click complaint form

WWW.TELECHECK.COM

Headquarters

TeleCheck Services, Inc.

5251 Westheimer

Houston, Texas 77056

Corporate Contacts

PICK A NUMBER

Sales Information Click Here

Operational Information

--Call Center/Authorizations 1-800-366-5010

--Terminal Questions 1-800-927-0655

--Billing, Procedural or

----Warranty Questions 1-800-366-1054

--ECA® Service Questions 1-800-697-9263

--Supply Orders 1-800-366-1054

--Report A Paid-At-Store 1-800-366-1054

email Merchant Support customer.service@telecheck.com

Check Writer Information

--Declined Check Information

----for Check Writers 1-800-366-2425

----Check Collection 1-800-366-2425

----Annual file disclosure pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act 1-800-TELECHECK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

:(

I just came from Dollar Tree and was totally embarrassed because of TeleCheck all over a $3.27 check. I called the number given on the piece of paper that the clerk so gracely handed me when annoucing to the whole store that my check cannot be accepted and the 800 number was not helpful. It was a computer generated message and you could not get to a real person. After attempts to punch in every option they gave, I finally called through the Merchant number and got to a real person who informed me that they cannot speak with the customer and HUNG UP! I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor looked up some information from the Reference number given to me on the piece of paper and said it was declined because my check did not meet their standards. He went through some of the STANDARDS that it could possibly be. I asked whick one was of these standards was the reason for my embarrassment and he told me that ...."Our system is NOT set up to tell us specifically why we would not ok your check". It could be bad check history, check number, amount of the transaction,number of checks written or number of transactions thru my account.

I typically use my debit card which checks the balance in the account before authorizing it. This guy said that TeleCheck does not have access to the checking account balance - they only make their decision on their STANDARDS.

I have emailed Dollar Tree and have notified all of my friends who will notify all of their friends to quit shopping there until they begin accepting debit cards.

They need to put an end to this non-sense - if you want to know if my check is good, go to the new electronic check conversion. It turns the check into a credit card transaction.

I don't usally post anything on website discussion groups, but this made me Very upset and I was embarrassed by the whole thing. It made me so mad that I think I might post my thoughts on every site I can find that promotes TeleCheck.

GET EM! WHERE IT HURTS! - In their profits!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest boutique girl

Telecheck is the biggest headache I have ever experienced. I just got through talking to about the 30th "merchant service reps" since January. ARGH!!!! I don't know what the hell they are doing up there, but nobody communicates and it's just a huge clusterf*ck. They are still debiting my business account whenever they choose, and sending me statements when I have had 0 activity. I just hired a lawer, I don't have the time or patience for those nincompoops anymore.

I will NEVER ever ever use anything even close to telecheck. Heck, the only hot check I ever rec'd was APPROVED by the money grubbing dirt bags!!

Sorry for invading your little message board. I feel better tho' . Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jaded Reality

I recently paid my cell phone bill through Cricket website. After I submitted for payment I realized that they had charged me this month and next months bill. I immediately did a stop payment on the check with my bank ($28 fee), called the cell phone company and explained the issue. I was informed that the payment was received. I advised them, that my bank had credited me back the $231. & I would be more than happy to pay the actual amount due at this time. Was advised their records show paid.

For the past 2 days I have been called (restricted #) 42 times on my cell phone. As I work, and I do not answer restricted calls, I was not aware of who was calling. I did however change my cell voicemail to infact state "I DO NOT ACCEPT RESTRICTED # CALLS, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE OR STOP CALLING" At 8:30 PM, after we are in bed, we have to be at work at 3 am, I did answer the phone. I was informed, extremely rudely that he was a representative from Telecheck (and yes he was foreign and I had to have him repeat comments several times) The gentleman (use the term loosely) asked me quite rudely, why I had stopped payment on the check, I advised him the amount of the check was incorrect and my bank advised me to stop payment. I was informed that "HE WAS GOING TO SET UP A BANK DRAFT FOR THE AMOUNT TO BE DEDUCTED FOR THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS DAY" I advised him #1 he was not going to touch my bank account, #2 I would be more than happy to discuss this with someone the following day, but not at 8:40pm. He was rude and quite frankly pissed me off, I work in a Call Center and deal with irrate customers, we would be fired on the spot if we were to have such a rude and threatening tone. He informed me I could not speak with someone about the issue the next day, but MUST do it with him at this time. My company Asurion Insurance services (we file insurance claims for cell phone companies phones) use Telecheck, it is a nightmare. They decline checks left and right, but yet when the person uses a checkcard from the same acct. it goes through nooooooooooo problem. Now, Tomorrow I will be contacting Telecheck concerning the balance due. Now I will paste some information for anyone who wishes to dispute a Telecheck issue, they do not have the right to demand anything, or threaten you. They are bullies who bluff, and I shall be calling them on it first thing in the morn.

:angry:

The validation notice required by section 1692g must inform the consumer that he or she has 30 days after receipt of the notice to dispute the debt, after which time it is assumed valid. See 15 U.S.C. @ 1692g(a). "A debt validation notice, to be valid, must be effective, and it cannot be cleverly couched in such a way as to eviscerate its message." Chauncey v. JDR Recovery Corp., 118 F.3d 516, 518-19 (7th Cir. 1997) (citing Avila, 84 F.3d at 226). Even if a letter properly contains the information mandated by section 1692g(a), "the debt collector may not overshadow or contradict that information with other messages sent with the validation notice or within [**7] the validation period." Id. at 518. The information sent along with the validation notice is "overshadowing" if it renders the letter "confusing," see Bartlett v. Heibl, 128 F.3d 497, 1997 U.S. App. LEXIS 27759, 1997 WL 616675, at *3 (7th Cir. Oct. 8, 1997), or if it makes the debtor "uncertain as to her rights," see Russell v. Equifax A.R.S., 74 F.3d 30, 35 (2d Cir. 1996). Further, the confusing, contradictory or inconsistent language need not be threatening to violate the FDCPA. See id.

[

Guest FED up

We have gotten calls for some ne'er do well who passed off some bad checks though. It seems Telecheck hides itself under the name TRS Recovery Services and violates the law by harrassing us to find him despite us having no idea who he is. They threatened the wife with action while she was home alone and then threatened me with degrading my credit history if I didn't cooperate. Telecheck reps refused to identify themselves to me until I did a little checking with the Missouri Secretary of State and found out who they were. Calls to the Missouri Attorney General, the FTC, Telecheck's Legal Department and the Better Business Bureau have put a stop to those scumbags though.

Hi you all,

I'll took on the task of helping a friend who has the TeleCheck headache too. Someone stole checks he had leftover from a closed account. I found my way here by chance. Here is my thought on the matter. Never take no from someone who does not have the power to say yes.

May be you all should go to the top. TeleCheck is a Subsidiary of First Data Corporation. Here is their contact information:

Charles Fote, CEO

First Data Corporation

Corporate Headquarters

6200 South Quebec Street

Greenwood Village, CO 80111

Phone: (303) 488-8000

Toll Free: (800) 735-3362

http://www.firstdata.com

First Data Corp's contact for TeleCheck Customer Service: (800) 835-3243

stephen.moore@telecheck.com

If you go to their website you can access the web page that list their Board of Directors and other corporate officers. This info is sometimes listed under investor info, product or sales info. When I want to find the top dog you have to act or think like you are an investor. Companies cough up all kind of info if they think you are going to invest in their company.

I was helping a lady who was being screwed by The Money Store now called HomeQ Servicing a preditory lender. They were acting like the TeleCheck people, so I found out that they were owned by Wachovia. So I found out who the CEO was and called his office. His administrative assistant was very nice. She gave me his fax number and made sure he got my fax. To my surprise I got a call from HomeQ (they were not happy) the CEO of Wachovia had directed them to work things out. Hence the foreclosure was stopped in midstream. I had to write a second letter to the CEO, because HomeQ and their attorneys screwed up again. The CEO intervened again. It has been five years and this lady is still in her house.

I agree with letting merchants know that you will not do business with them if they use TeleCheck or the like.

Keep fighting there is power in numbers.........

• 1 month later...
Guest Dottie

Thank God I am not alone. I've had two very bad experiences with Telecheck. The first one occurred a few years ago when my poor husband tried to pick up his car after being serviced. His check was declined and he was left stranded at the dealership until a neighbor picked him up. Talk about embarrassing! The next day I went over and presented a check ON THE SAME (JOINT) ACCOUNT and it was accepted! Why? Because my husband has a very generic 'Tom Jones' kind of name, and it Telecheck had a problem with some other 'Tom Jones! '

My second situation has caused even more frustration. It appears that I bounced a check at the local A&P and didn't know about it until I tried to write a check at WalMart. (WalMart and Sam's are devoted Telecheck businesses). I checked with A&P to find out what was wrong...they had no record of the check being returned (which in all honesty I found it had been), and even accepted my two checks subsequent to this one! (I'm very confused).

In any event, I can't believe the runaround and misinformation I was given...I spoke to Telecheck reps three times in seven days...and got three different versions of what I had to do! I was told the my electronic payment to them would take from Friday until Tuesday to clear (which I didn't understand if it's an ELECTRONIC deduction), and on Tuesday, when a check I was trying to write to Sam's was denied AGAIN, I called them back only to have a Ms. Bonnie Staley tell me that it took 7-10 days to clear. At this point I was a raving lunatic. She said it took 7-10 days to get confirmation from my bank that the transaction cleared, so, first thing the next morning I went to my bank, who advised me that the transaction had never been submitted! I got on the telephone with Telecheck AGAIN and was on with them, from my bank, for an hour and a half, and I am not exaggerating, not including the time they disconnected me. I went through FIVE different people. I found out from the second person I spoke to that day that the transaction had been stopped because I did not authorize it! WHAT!?!? Why would I have done that, and WHY DIDN'T MS. BONNIE STALEY ADVISE ME THEIR RECORDS SHOWED THAT THE NIGHT BEFORE???!!! THEN I was told that I expedite the transaction in 24-72 hours for an additional $11.95!!!! WHAT!!!??? What is this fee, and why wasn't I advised of it before???!!! They apologized for any misinformation, but they were not removing this additional charge. If I was not willing to pay the additional charge, they would take my money electronically, but it would take 7-10 days to be able to write checks again!!!!!!!! I just kept asking for the person's supervisor, and finally, at person #5, the fee was waived (like I should be grateful).

Telecheck is an extortionist, and I'm sure many people just give up after a while and allow themselves to be extorted. Telecheck's business practices are reprehensible...how do their employees sleep at night???

• 2 months later...

Telecheck is on a power trip and they know it. This is the worst and I mean the absolute worst customer service I have ever seen. They shut down our checking account for the 4th time in 2 years because they say they do not have enough information. But when asked what information they need, they tell you that they don't know. Incredibly embarrasing to have your check declined while standing in a line. Never have bounced a check in my entire life, have an A++ credit rating and this flock of fools randomly decide to turn off my checking account. The bank could not believe that they did it and even called on my behalf. They were given the same runaround. We even had the Telecheck merchant call and they basically just routed them from one idiot to another. This organization is absolutely the epitome of bad customer service.

Do everyone a favor, Boycot any establishment that uses Telecheck. These people are dangerous.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest T&M Transport Inc
Telecheck is on a power trip and they know it. This is the worst and I mean the absolute worst customer service I have ever seen. They shut down our checking account for the 4th time in 2 years because they say they do not have enough information. But when asked what information they need, they tell you that they don't know. Incredibly embarrasing to have your check declined while standing in a line. Never have bounced a check in my entire life, have an A++ credit rating and this flock of fools randomly decide to turn off my checking account. The bank could not believe that they did it and even called on my behalf. They were given the same runaround. We even had the Telecheck merchant call and they basically just routed them from one idiot to another. This organization is absolutely the epitome of bad customer service.

Do everyone a favor, Boycot any establishment that uses Telecheck. These people are dangerous.

you are 100% correct about telecheck. They are the worst company in the world at what they do. They need to get into some other line of business that they are capable of doing. About once a month my company check is declined and I have to go to the trouble of calling these idiots. they check and say I dont know why it was declined or that it will never happen again. Sure enough , a month or so later it happens again. It is very humiliating to have your check declined in front of a line of people, plus my company name is on the door of my truck, which makes my company look bad. I have started recording all calls with these idiots for future legal action. The legal system needs to get involved to put telecheck out of business or make them do a responsible job.

Does anyone know how long Telecheck keeps something on file? I just had a check declined tonight. I called to find out what the deal was and they said I owed a credit card company $500. Long story short, that account was suppose to be included in a backrupcy back in 99 and I just noticed tonight that it wasn't. I didn't have any idea that I owed that company anything. I thought Telecheck was a company that dealt with bad checks not credit card accounts that were charged off years ago. I have writen hundreds of checks since 99. Why in the heck and I being declined now?!? I was declined at walmart of all places where I have written 3 checks this month and they went through fine. So is Telecheck like a credit report and things fall off after 7-10 years? Does anyone know how long they keep the info on you?

Thanks

Guest cha0sman

Legally, they are only allowed to keep it on their database for 7 years, technically they are a credit reporting agency....

so they MUST abide by all laws set by the FCRA(Fair Credit Reporting Act)

• 8 months later...
Guest Jenks

Telecheck Sucks!!!!!

I worte a check to a franchised fast food resturant about a year ago. Telecheck contacted me

about a check that never cleared my account. I faxed them a copy of my statement and a photo copy of they check I wrote. The money came out of my account and went somewhere. I'm not paying Telecheck $35.88 for a couple of tacos. If anyone could give me advice on how to get these theives off my back, I would really appreciate it.