Washington DC Message Boards

Telecheck Merchant Accounts

Guest LAW

Thank you so much for shareing that info. I have perfect credit and lots og money in my checking account, but because I hadn't written a check in a two month period, Tellecheck not only flaged my first check after that two month period but told me I might not be able to write any more checks for 6 days and E mailed my bank telling them (with no reason given) that all my checks might be flagged. When I called the # you gave I was transfered to a man that said he would have to take my dr. Lic. and soc sec #'s and do a credit check on me. Then I received all these E mails from others with horror stories abpout how this company takes your personal info if you even (question them) and threatens you like the mafia! I don't know if it's true but Its so hard to believe that our constitutional rights are not protected from companies with these practices and that Our governt allows a company like this to even exist! I've survived terminal cancer twice had my spine broken I have MS. and I certainly don't need any "Bullying" simply because I didn't get up one morning and call Tellecheck up and ask permission to write a check out of MY bank account, holding MY money, that I earned, that doesn't belong to anyone at tellecheck, because I hadn't the need to write a check in a two month period.

I wish the FTC and the government could do a better job of seeing that US citizens are not robbed of their "so called" constituional rights by companies like this.

• 1 year later...
Guest Innocent citizen

Someone got our checking account and routing number this December and they used it to print checks and then went to Giant Food and because of how telecheck works, these criminals were able to complete 4 transactions, all approved by Telecheck, totalling over $1200.

There is no imprint of the check, there is no copy of the check. There is no trail whatsoever. Just the routing number and the account number, all electronically showing that transactions ocurred. Our Bank covered the fraud. Giant, despite multiple phone calls "cannot trace anything without more information" Telecheck, after multiple calls to report what happened, has now sent the checks to their collection department, TRS Services. I am livid at how they are set up and how they can allow this to happen and are not at all interested in solving the crime. We can however, get the transactions in their records tagged as fraud by "simply" going to their website and following the directions; send a notarized letter describing all the circumstances, with the account and routing numbers a copy of the police report, and all correspondence to our office. I will never, ever, go to Giant again or use any company that contracts to Telecheck. Yes, I will actually look and avoid stores that use telechack services. As far as I'm concerned it's an ideal set up for criminals to take advantage of anyone and Telechaeck places the burden and debt responsibility on the innocent. That's superlative customer service, if you're a criminal.

Well, Well, Well so Law is not really a lawyer. Now that's really cute. No wonder "Law" could not do jack about someone else’s plight.

Thanks for the post "Victim".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAW, on 18 October 2004 - 03:44 PM, said:

Our company considered using Telecheck to sell our online products.

We conditioned our contract with Telecheck that they could only start

billing our company when we recieved our first transaction.

Telecheck breached our contract with them by sending us invoice statements

before our first transaction.

For over 6 months I have called Telecheck's Merchant accounts department

every month after I have recieved an invoice. My response from the following

people:

In March I spoke with Ivan (Did Not get the last name)

June, July, August, September, 2004 I spoke with Christy at Merchant Services

telephone 713.332-7013

August 2004 I spoke with Hector at Merchant Services

In September, October I spoke with Bernadette Henderson

Telephone 713.331-7156

Today Jackie Hubert - Phone Supervisor

Everytime they apoligize to me and tell me the account is now closed. Every month

I recieve a statement.

Our records show your account is past due.

Today I have tried repeatedely to contact Telecheck's President. Mrs. Brown,

on this matter

18009270599 x39284

Mrs. Brown has a wave of customer service people taking her messages. I get no response.

I also contacted Steven Moore

18009270599 x7059

I have now spent over 14 hours trying to deal with something I now definiteley do

not want. This is pure harassment.

If anyone has any ideas on what I should do next, please let me know.

Whatever you do

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>DO NOT USE TELECHECK</span>

Okay!! I NEVER READ THE MAIN THREAD. I am DUMB, I made a BIG mistake. You democrats can write STUPID on my forehead. I feel real STUPID RIGHT NOW. I really do deserve a kick in the head for this one "damn".

I got no right to be pissed off with you "Law", just myself. Any of you democrats in here that want to call me a MORON? Go ahead, I deserve it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Well, Well so Law is not really a lawyer. Now that's really cute. No wonder "Law" could not do jack about someone else’s plight.

Thanks for the post "Victim".

LAW, on 18 October 2004 - 03:44 PM, said:

people:

telephone 713.332-7013

Telephone 713.331-7156

Everytime they apoligize to me and tell me the account is now closed. Every month

I recieve a statement.

on this matter

18009270599 x39284

Mrs. Brown has a wave of customer service people taking her messages. I get no response.

18009270599 x7059

I have now spent over 14 hours trying to deal with something I now definiteley do

Whatever you do

• 4 months later...
Guest Timothy
Is there a list of the merchants who use telecheck? I run a contruction company. I purchase, at times up to $20,000.00 worth of building materials, sometimes on a daily basis. Yesterday I had my check declined at home depot. They called (Home Depot) and recieved verbal confermation on the check but the code gived did not work, they called back and then it was declined for good. Now I can't write a check anywhere in this town. I would really like a list of those merchants who use thier service so that I may avoid them

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest kpworkinggirl

Is there a list of the merchants who use telecheck? I run a contruction company. I purchase, at times up to $20,000.00 worth of building materials, sometimes on a daily basis. Yesterday I had my check declined at home depot. They called (Home Depot) and recieved verbal confermation on the check but the code gived did not work, they called back and then it was declined for good. Now I can't write a check anywhere in this town. I would really like a list of those merchants who use thier service so that I may avoid them

Guest kpworkingirl

Watch out for Home Depot!!! They do indeed use Telecheck. Mine situation had nothing to do with a check. I was returning 3 flower containers for $12.40 because they were rotten. I had bought them 4 days prior, IN CASH! In order to get, NOT a REFUND, but a replacement, they asked for my DR lic. and ran it thru Telecheck (they must have tagged my ID) Is that even legal if your not writing a check? I filed for bankruptcy a year and a half ago, Telecheck was listed in it(from a check in 2001 that I had paid) and is no longer by law able to harass me again, I have never written a check to HOME DEPOT???

HOME DEPOT DENIED MY EXCHANGE OF FLOWERS!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME,,,I PAID IN GREEN CASH AND IT STATES THAT ON MY RECEIPT!! :angry: After talking to the management at THE HOME DEPOT on W. 52nd Ave. and Wadsworth Blvd. in Arvada, CO 80002, they seemed confused because I did pay with CASH and Telecheck has nothing to do with our governments currency,,THEY STILL DENIED ME! THAT IS JUST PLAIN HARRASSMENT!!!!

I WILL GO TO LOWES FROM NOW ON!!

In the mean time, I will be talking to my bankruptcy Attorney, a PISSED OFF Law Firm who has had problems with them, along with some state representatives (maybe some of them have been duped too?),,probably.

Along with calling: CHANNEL 2 NEWS

CHANNEL 4 NEWS

CHANNEL 7 NEWS

CHANNEL 9 NEWS

FOX31 NEWS

THE DENVER POST

Then I will camp out at FirstData Corp's door in Englewood everyday until I get an answer AND RESOLUTION. We all should be able to find an Attorney who is willing to do a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT. We also have a right to picket against these stores that do business with Telecheck and FirstData Corp. I do know in the State of Colorado you only need 1 party consent to tape record any conversation. And if you write to them, have the letter sent return receipt requested, they have to answer you, thats' what I heard from an ATTY friend anyway. I don't think there is any law barring us from posting these letters in the newspapers either,,will check on that.

If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to post to me,,THX!

Wish me luck,,,,,,

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Telecheck Sucks

people:

telephone 713.332-7013

Telephone 713.331-7156

I recieve a statement.

on this matter

18009270599 x39284

18009270599 x7059

Whatever you do

I'm with you...as a consumer I am no longer going to stores that use Telecheck...everyone should do the same!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest not happy

i recently lost my debit card and the only way i can get money is through checks...

telecheck wont let anywhere cash my check because thier is too much activity

i have recently moved out of the house and have bills to pay!

help!

• 2 months later...
Guest another innocent citizen

Wow, as angry as I am right now, I guess I should count my lucky stars that I had less than $200 stolen from me.

I was robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight in front of my house a month ago. After the cops showed up, I immediately called my credit union to cancel the debit card. I told the rep that there were also checks in there but because I didn't remember the check numbers at the time (I was still shaking) the rep told me I would have to come in person to a service center (these are back in my home state, far from DC). The cop on the scene was so frustrated because they were trying to gather info quickly, he took my phone from me and told the rep: this is Officer ____, Badge #_____; this woman was just robbed a gunpoint, they have her account info - DEAL WITH IT.

I assumed she did. Then I saw 3 checks written at Giant in one day. All for typical amounts that I would pay at Giant. Now that I read these posts about what sends up red flags, I wonder - how did these people know how much I usually spend at Giant? I left a message with PD. I called Giant - they said call your credit union. They were closed, but I did the next day, and eventually got through to a kind rep who helped me figure which checks could be out there and put a stop payment on them. I went back to my home state for the holidays and did go in person to a service center, got a different account number, etc.

Now this morning I start getting calls from an unlisted number with no message. Eventually I'm so annoyed that I just answer. "Is this Jane Doe?" "May I ask who's speaking?" "This is TRS" "What is TRS?" "I need to speak to Ms. Doe; am I speaking to her or can you get her?" "Yes, this is she; may I ask what this in regards to?" "You wrote three checks at Giant and then put a stop payment on them."

OOooh boy, I totally lost it at that point. No, I didn't write any checks. How dare she start accusing me right off the bat? And now I'm supposed to fax them a bunch of information - for what reason, I do not understand - because they have this screwy system that benefits the merchant but harms consumers. And we don't agree to participate in their system!! I never opted to enter into a relationship with Telecheck, why am I responsible to them? My PD is frustrated because they can't get any info on the checks to help in my case. I've been on the phone long enough with Telecheck to know that they're no help (more properly, I'd say they are the enemy). My credit union can't help because they have no image of the checks.

Gah. My thought is exactly that of "innocent citizen": Telecheck is a great scam for criminals, makes the merchants lives easier, but does jack-all for honest folks. I told them as much on the phone, but I'm sure they've heard it before. There has to be some way to protect consumer rights against this terrible, unfair system. I guess that's why I'm in law school.

Someone got our checking account and routing number this December and they used it to print checks and then went to Giant Food and because of how telecheck works, these criminals were able to complete 4 transactions, all approved by Telecheck, totalling over $1200.

There is no imprint of the check, there is no copy of the check. There is no trail whatsoever. Just the routing number and the account number, all electronically showing that transactions ocurred. Our Bank covered the fraud. Giant, despite multiple phone calls "cannot trace anything without more information" Telecheck, after multiple calls to report what happened, has now sent the checks to their collection department, TRS Services. I am livid at how they are set up and how they can allow this to happen and are not at all interested in solving the crime. We can however, get the transactions in their records tagged as fraud by "simply" going to their website and following the directions; send a notarized letter describing all the circumstances, with the account and routing numbers a copy of the police report, and all correspondence to our office. I will never, ever, go to Giant again or use any company that contracts to Telecheck. Yes, I will actually look and avoid stores that use telechack services. As far as I'm concerned it's an ideal set up for criminals to take advantage of anyone and Telechaeck places the burden and debt responsibility on the innocent. That's superlative customer service, if you're a criminal.

• 10 months later...

i recently lost my debit card and the only way i can get money is through checks...

telecheck wont let anywhere cash my check because thier is too much activity

i have recently moved out of the house and have bills to pay!

help!

Why don't you call your bank and tell them you lost your debit card, they will replace it.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Isha Pree

I knew that I would find something helpful if I googled Telecheck Nightmares ... I found this blog and a lot of great ideas ....

this is my story ...

I have had the same bank account since 1990 .... my check numbers are above 10,000 ... and I started with check number 100 ... yeah .. I am from THAT generation ... lol .. anywhoo ... it's been at least 13 years since I have bounced a check .... so in Oct of this year I bounced a check for my groceries at Walmart ... I find this out when a check is denied a few days later at another store ... I do what I have to ... I call and find out what Telecheck's process is and wait for Telecheck to repost the check ... it clears ... they take their high dollar bounced check fee ... and once I see the check return fee has cleared I was glad the whole thing was over .... so the next week I am at the Walmart buying my weekly groceries ... I get to the register and write a check ... and no problem ... the week after that I go to purchase my groceries and my check is declined by Telecheck ... OMG ... in line on a busy Saturday ... needless to say I am embarrassed beyond belief ... I am taken to the customer service counter and told that I would need to pay another way ... then I got angry ... there was nothing wrong with my checking account .. I called Telecheck and after I muddle my way through their ridiculously arduous automated phone system I finally get a real person to speak with ... they explain that there is nothing negative in my account and that if the Walmart rep will run the check again they will allow it to clear ... OMG .. they will allow .... I was livid at this point .. but I kept myself calm and asked what I could do to ensure this did not happen again, since I have only bounced one check in 13 yrs ..... the Telecheck rep said that they monitor all checks and determine if they will allow them to clear based on many factors .. but that that I should not have any other problems ... so today ... three or four weeks after that incident I am purchasing my groceries and my check is declined.... Now I am way past mad ... again I am dragged over to the customer service counter and told that I need to either pay another ... Before I called Telecheck I tore into the Front end manager for Walmart ... I told her that I remember her first day there ... that she sees me every week ... hell ... she calls me by my name .... I told her I understand that she is just doing her job but that I was not going to keep coming to a store that allowed Telecheck to treat their customers this way ... she apologized saying that it's Telecheck's process not Walmart's ... yeah ok ... let's see how that works out for Walmart ..... so I call up Telecheck and deal with that infuriating automatic phone system they have ... finally reaching a rep I am told that I don't meet the standards for Telecheck to approve my check ... I tell the Front End Manager to get the Store Director ... she does and I put the Telecheck rep on speaker phone ... they could not tell me what part of their standard I did not meet .. I ask if there is a problem with my checks .. they say no .. there is nothing negative in my account that would require them to decline my check ... but there are other criteria that they go by and I just do not meet their standards ... I demand to speak to the supervisor for Telecheck .... after being on hold for 20 minutes the Supervisor comes online and tells me that I had to much activity on my account today ... what does that mean I ask ... she tells me that someone wrote two other checks on this account today ... I exploded into a rant telling the Telecheck supervisor that my husband wrote two checks this morning before I can to buy groceries .... Please Note::::the two checks did not even amount to $50.00 ... Telecheck says yes .. we know .. that is too much activity on your account for us to approve your purchase with Walmart. This is wrong on so many levels ... I asked the Telecheck what they base my activity on ... she tells me they have my history and this is an unusual amount of checks written in one day .... I ask the rep how much of a history they have on me ... her response was they have been watching my checks since 2004 .... I am doing all I can to keep from foaming at the mouth at this point ... Telling the Telecheck supervisor that if she has my history that she should be able to see that I have written more than three checks in a day and that especially around the holidays I write a lot of checks .... Telecheck simply says there is nothing they can do .... I asked how many bad checks do they show ever being in my account .. she said one ... the one from Oct of this year ...at this point even the Walmart Store Director was floored ... I quickly told the Telecheck rep that I would be reporting this to every agency that would take my complaint and got off the phone .... then the Walmart Store Director begin to apologized over and over saying there was nothing she could do ... that she has no authority to override the system ... I told the store director that I would not be back ... I would never stand in front of a counter and be embarrassed like that again ... Do you think the store director for that Walmart will say anything about what happened? I doubt it ... and do you think that Telecheck has the right to decide how many checks I can write in one day? I don't and I am going to contact everyone of these contacts below and let them know that this is WRONG !!!!

WWW.FTC.GOV

I reported them to the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISION!!!

FTC does not act on individual cases, but

they DO act on cases that show a pattern

IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS BEEN DENIED

BECAUSE OF "TELECHECK" TELL THEM TO EITHER

--A. CALL FTC AT 1-877-382-4357 AND REPORT DETAILS

--B. REPORT DETAILS ON A COMPLAINT FORM AT WWW.FTC.GOV ]

-----see top bar and click complaint form

WWW.TELECHECK.COM

Headquarters

TeleCheck Services, Inc.

5251 Westheimer

Houston, Texas 77056

Corporate Contacts

PICK A NUMBER

Sales Information Click Here

Operational Information

--Call Center/Authorizations 1-800-366-5010

--Terminal Questions 1-800-927-0655

--Billing, Procedural or

----Warranty Questions 1-800-366-1054

--ECA® Service Questions 1-800-697-9263

--Supply Orders 1-800-366-1054

--Report A Paid-At-Store 1-800-366-1054

email Merchant Support customer.service@telecheck.com

Check Writer Information

--Declined Check Information

----for Check Writers 1-800-366-2425

----Check Collection 1-800-366-2425

----Annual file disclosure pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act 1-800-TELECHECK

TeleCheck is a Subsidiary of First Data Corporation. Here is their contact information:

Charles Fote, CEO

First Data Corporation

Corporate Headquarters

6200 South Quebec Street

Greenwood Village, CO 80111

Phone: (303) 488-8000

Toll Free: (800) 735-3362

http://www.firstdata.com

First Data Corp's contact for TeleCheck Customer Service: (800) 835-3243

stephen.moore@telecheck.com

Guest Isha Pree

I knew that I would find something helpful if I googled Telecheck Nightmares ... I found this blog and a lot of great ideas ....

this is my story ...

I have had the same bank account since 1990 .... my check numbers are above 10,000 ... and I started with check number 100 ... yeah .. I am from THAT generation ... lol .. anywhoo ... it's been at least 13 years since I have bounced a check .... so in Oct of this year I bounced a check for my groceries at Walmart ... I find this out when a check is denied a few days later at another store ... I do what I have to ... I call and find out what Telecheck's process is and wait for Telecheck to repost the check ... it clears ... they take their high dollar bounced check fee ... and once I see the check return fee has cleared I was glad the whole thing was over .... so the next week I am at the Walmart buying my weekly groceries ... I get to the register and write a check ... and no problem ... the week after that I go to purchase my groceries and my check is declined by Telecheck ... OMG ... in line on a busy Saturday ... needless to say I am embarrassed beyond belief ... I am taken to the customer service counter and told that I would need to pay another way ... then I got angry ... there was nothing wrong with my checking account .. I called Telecheck and after I muddle my way through their ridiculously arduous automated phone system I finally get a real person to speak with ... they explain that there is nothing negative in my account and that if the Walmart rep will run the check again they will allow it to clear ... OMG .. they will allow .... I was livid at this point .. but I kept myself calm and asked what I could do to ensure this did not happen again, since I have only bounced one check in 13 yrs ..... the Telecheck rep said that they monitor all checks and determine if they will allow them to clear based on many factors .. but that that I should not have any other problems ... so today ... three or four weeks after that incident I am purchasing my groceries and my check is declined.... Now I am way past mad ... again I am dragged over to the customer service counter and told that I need to either pay another ... Before I called Telecheck I tore into the Front end manager for Walmart ... I told her that I remember her first day there ... that she sees me every week ... hell ... she calls me by my name .... I told her I understand that she is just doing her job but that I was not going to keep coming to a store that allowed Telecheck to treat their customers this way ... she apologized saying that it's Telecheck's process not Walmart's ... yeah ok ... let's see how that works out for Walmart ..... so I call up Telecheck and deal with that infuriating automatic phone system they have ... finally reaching a rep I am told that I don't meet the standards for Telecheck to approve my check ... I tell the Front End Manager to get the Store Director ... she does and I put the Telecheck rep on speaker phone ... they could not tell me what part of their standard I did not meet .. I ask if there is a problem with my checks .. they say no .. there is nothing negative in my account that would require them to decline my check ... but there are other criteria that they go by and I just do not meet their standards ... I demand to speak to the supervisor for Telecheck .... after being on hold for 20 minutes the Supervisor comes online and tells me that I had to much activity on my account today ... what does that mean I ask ... she tells me that someone wrote two other checks on this account today ... I exploded into a rant telling the Telecheck supervisor that my husband wrote two checks this morning before I can to buy groceries .... Please Note::::the two checks did not even amount to $50.00 ... Telecheck says yes .. we know .. that is too much activity on your account for us to approve your purchase with Walmart. This is wrong on so many levels ... I asked the Telecheck what they base my activity on ... she tells me they have my history and this is an unusual amount of checks written in one day .... I ask the rep how much of a history they have on me ... her response was they have been watching my checks since 2004 .... I am doing all I can to keep from foaming at the mouth at this point ... Telling the Telecheck supervisor that if she has my history that she should be able to see that I have written more than three checks in a day and that especially around the holidays I write a lot of checks .... Telecheck simply says there is nothing they can do .... I asked how many bad checks do they show ever being in my account .. she said one ... the one from Oct of this year ...at this point even the Walmart Store Director was floored ... I quickly told the Telecheck rep that I would be reporting this to every agency that would take my complaint and got off the phone .... then the Walmart Store Director begin to apologized over and over saying there was nothing she could do ... that she has no authority to override the system ... I told the store director that I would not be back ... I would never stand in front of a counter and be embarrassed like that again ... Do you think the store director for that Walmart will say anything about what happened? I doubt it ... and do you think that Telecheck has the right to decide how many checks I can write in one day? I don't and I am going to contact everyone of these contacts below and let them know that this is WRONG !!!!

WWW.FTC.GOV

I reported them to the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISION!!!

FTC does not act on individual cases, but

they DO act on cases that show a pattern

IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS BEEN DENIED

BECAUSE OF "TELECHECK" TELL THEM TO EITHER

--A. CALL FTC AT 1-877-382-4357 AND REPORT DETAILS

--B. REPORT DETAILS ON A COMPLAINT FORM AT WWW.FTC.GOV ]

-----see top bar and click complaint form

WWW.TELECHECK.COM

Headquarters

TeleCheck Services, Inc.

5251 Westheimer

Houston, Texas 77056

Corporate Contacts

PICK A NUMBER

Sales Information Click Here

Operational Information

--Call Center/Authorizations 1-800-366-5010

--Terminal Questions 1-800-927-0655

--Billing, Procedural or

----Warranty Questions 1-800-366-1054

--ECA® Service Questions 1-800-697-9263

--Supply Orders 1-800-366-1054

--Report A Paid-At-Store 1-800-366-1054

email Merchant Support customer.service@telecheck.com

Check Writer Information

--Declined Check Information

----for Check Writers 1-800-366-2425

----Check Collection 1-800-366-2425

----Annual file disclosure pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act 1-800-TELECHECK

TeleCheck is a Subsidiary of First Data Corporation. Here is their contact information:

Charles Fote, CEO

First Data Corporation

Corporate Headquarters

6200 South Quebec Street

Greenwood Village, CO 80111

Phone: (303) 488-8000

Toll Free: (800) 735-3362

http://www.firstdata.com

First Data Corp's contact for TeleCheck Customer Service: (800) 835-3243

stephen.moore@telecheck.com

• 2 months later...
Guest JBecker

I am having my telecheck nightmare. My mother-in-law bought a tv from Walmart (where she works), but forgot to use her employee discount. She had the item removed from her card, and the clerk tried to run it through again with the appropriate discount. It was denied. I brought her checkbook and it was refused as well. I called the number and they asked me all sorts of personal information questions. They asked permission to call the bank (it was Friday night). I said yes. I was surprised when I got someone at the bank, but as soon as the bank knew "a third party" was on the line, they would not talk further. I asked the TSR rep what was the deal, and she informed me they could not verify the check. That was it! This took several minutes putting in the same numbers multiple times until I got in touch with a human being to get this response. I went home and got my checkbook. Again, TSR could not verify the check. No tv. Today I went to Autozone where I have been a customer for at least 18 years spending quite a bit of money. I wrote a personal check for 129 dollars, and guess what? They use TSR as well. The check could not be verified. I left with no parts for my car. They did not get the sale. I called TSR and finally after inputting the same numbers multiple times, I get to talk with a rep. She asks me my personal information which I am reluctant to give over the phone, but do so. She calls my bank. It is Saturday and the bank is closed. They cannot verify my check. "Sir, we are protecting you". This was a constant mantra. I ask for a supervisor. She repeats the same mantra , "Sir, we are protecting you." Protecting me from having access to my money to purchase goods and services? There is no explanation as to why I am on their list, but "the system" thinks it is uncharacteristic of me to write a check for $129! Businesses who use TSR without using common sense will lose business by acting like sheep and accepting "the systems" determination that something looks odd. What happened to the days of customer service? I am angry to be on "the systems'" list with no explanation for being so. They have extreme power , but remember "We are protecting you".

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Telecheck is lame. I'm suffering from the same bullcrap today from walmart. Been shopping there every week for last seven months. I spend at least $100 a week on groceries etc...using my debit card. Last week debit card was denied, this week I couldn't write a check. Same crap, call these idiots, they asked my routing number and account number... Are you kidding me????? When I said absolutely not I don't know who u are...he then asked for my SS card and drivers license. WTF???? Really??? I said no way this is ridiculous!! And on a side note......the guy couldn't even speak clear English. What's going on with this country???