Washington DC Message Boards

Shark Tale The “cartoon Movie” Is Racist And Viole

Guest BoycottSharkTale

Guest BoycottSharkTale

I thought we were moving past accepting stereotypes in America. Someone forgot to tell that to DreamWorks and Steven Spielberg.

I can’t believe DreamWorks and Steven Spielberg produced a movie that so blatantly stereotypes Italian Americans as ignorant, racist, murderers, and clearly stereotypes African Americans and Latinos negatively.

I’m glad someone is standing up for what is right. Go to www.boycottsharktale.com . Check it out and take some action!

Guest Christina

I took my daughter to see this movie this weekend and I have to say, it left me a little disturbed. Frankly, I felt that a lot of the humor was not appropriate for kids and the stereotypes were a little excessive. With our society being as divided as it is today, do we really need to subject our kids to stereotypes featured in this movie? Furthermore, I know that they’re indirect and kids probably won’t pick up on it, but was it necessary to include indirect homosexual references. As a parent of a six year-old, I don’t think so. Do a little homework on this movie; you’ll find that a lot of critics have said the same thing I have.

• 2 weeks later...

its a laugh. people get so worked up about racism. some one called me white , cracker whatever id be like . oh well i am wo0t. but if i say that someones black and they are im racist . its messed up . sharktale > you . kk

• 4 months later...
Guest Stacey

Oh People Lighten Up! Its a child movie that not to be taken seriously...Come on Its a Jellyfish that looks like it has dreadlock...Imagination..... Oscar voice is Will Smith...He's the main Character. If you don't like it....don't watch it... Simple like that. FREAKS!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.