Jump to content

 

2016 White House Christmas Ornament Collection

Susan G Komen Global Race for the Cure


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Naoki Yamaguchi

Naoki Yamaguchi
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

Every year on June 4th, people from all over DC come together on the National Mall to run or walk the 5K Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure. Thanks largely to funds raised last year, Komen was able to invest $4.5 million in local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs throughout the National Capital Areas, including Washington, D.C., and parts of Virginia and Maryland.

Even if the thought of running or walking doesn’t appeal, people can SLEEP IN FOR THE CURE, and there’s even a short course just for Kids.

For more info or to register: www.globalraceforthecure.org or call 703-416-RACE (7223).

Komen expects about 40,000 people to participate in the Global Race for the Cure, which raises awareness and funding for breast cancer education, outreach and breast health services for DC area women in need. Up to 75 percent of the funds stay right here in the National Capital Area, and the remaining 25 percent are used to help fund breast health education and services in regions around the world where few exist.



THERE’S STILL TIME TO REGISTER FOR SUSAN G. KOMEN GLOBAL RACE FOR THE CURE®

“Sleep-In For the Cure” Lets Non-Runners and Non-Walkers Make an Impact Too

Online Registration Still Available for June 4th Event on the National Mall

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The 22nd running of the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure® is right around the corner, but there’s still time to register online to participate in this inspiring community event held each year on the National Mall. Breast cancer survivors, loved ones, runners and anyone else looking for a fun way to get some exercise and make a significant impact on their community are encouraged to register online at www.globalraceforthecure.org or call 703-416-RACE (7223).

Packet pick-up and late registration will also be available at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill Wednesday through Friday the week of the Race, June 1-3, 2011. Payment for late registration must be made by either check or credit card. Cash will not be accepted.

LATE REGISTRATION SCHEDULE:

WHERE: HYATT REGENCY WASHINGTON ON CAPITOL HILL
400 NEW JERSEY AVE NW
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20001

WHEN: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1 – FRIDAY, JUNE 3
11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

For more information on the Komen Global Race for the Cure, including how to register, visit www.globalraceforthecure.org or call 703-416-RACE (7223).



white house christmas ornament



#2 Doug_White

Doug_White

    Friend

  • Denizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bethesda
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

To see what 60,000 people gathering for this event looks like, CLICK HERE to see the photo tour of The Race for the Cure.

Posted Image


It's the largest fundraising race of its kind; and is sponsored by the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Edited by Doug_White, 26 May 2011 - 06:00 AM.

"...we're all in it together" Brazil 1984





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

2014 Warren G Harding Christmas Ornament