Washington DC Message Boards

We Just Killed Osama Bin Laden!!!

Luke_Wilbur

Guest Robin

Special thoughts and prayers to the families and loved ones of the victims of 911. I hope this helps bring you one step closer to healing.

Guest LAW

U.S. Senator Susan Collins, Ranking Member of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, issued this statement tonight following the President's announcement that the CIA has killed Osama bin Laden.

"The director of the National Counterterrorism Center informed me tonight that Osama bin Laden was killed in a U.S. operation. This welcome news is a credit to our intelligence efforts and brings to justice the architect of the attacks on our country that killed nearly 3,000 people on September 11, 2001."

Guest LAW

On the Death of Osama Bin Laden

by U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham

I was pleased to receive a phone call from Vice President Biden informing me of the news that Osama Bin Laden had been killed by U.S. Forces. I relayed to the Vice President my congratulations on this historic day. Events such as this do not happen accidently and require great personal sacrifice and courage. God bless those who put themselves in harm’s way to bring about this long-overdue day of justice.

With the death of Osama Bin Laden and impending trial of Khalid Sheik Mohammad, I hope the victims of 9/11 will receive some closure and believe justice is being served. This day has been long-awaited by our nation and all those who reject terrorism. This event by no means ends our fight against Al Qaeda, but it is a decisive moment helping create momentum for our cause throughout the world.

With the death of Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda will do everything possible to take revenge. That’s why it is important we stay on the offensive and remain ever-vigilant in our fight against terrorism.

It should be clearly understood that there is no safe hiding spot for those who harm the American people. Those who act against our nation will be relentlessly pursued and they will be brought to justice. Today’s announcement has been a long time coming and like all Americans, I’m very glad justice has been served.

Guest Johnny Knuckles

I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. - Mark Twain

What an awesome quote.

Guest Johnny Knuckles

Here is a photo of Osama dead.

post-2502-130432193785_thumb.jpg

Not to be a callous ass, but the picture ain't THAT disturbing ... F him...

Thank God our soldiers were not harmed. They risked everything to end the terror of a well funded mad man. How people can believe our Creator wants us to harm each other is beyond my understanding. Everything was timed perfectly.

Osama bin Laden was living in a mansion in the suburbs of the Pakastani Capital. It is quite apparent that their intelligence knew where he was living, considering it was next door to their military academy. I am grateful that they gave the green light to end this. President Obama should be given credit for implementing leadership. The Intelligence community should be given credit for gathering, organizing, and distributing channels in a completely secure environment. Our military service should be honored for executing a well thought plan. Our Allies were given appropriate notice and in turn, they should be thanked for their support in keeping communication silence.

The burial at sea was well done. Our main focus should be diplomacy and respect of our neighbors. Respect the choices people make in their lives. Strength should be shifted to the economy and defense of our borders. We need to make sure that those that choose to give their lives to protect us are honored and given support from our country.

Unfortunately, that picture is a fake. It's three other photos put together.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake

I have no doubt they will release a photo and video of the burial at sea. I hope they kicked him out of the copter from really high up into a swarm of sharks.

Also, congrats to Obama and all the spies and soldiers. Could you imagine if this FAILED? Obama would be forever known as the president who let Bin Laden escape. He'd have no chance at re-election. Terrorists around the world would be emboldened. Obama took a big gamble and it paid off. He's got what it takes to be commander in chief.

I'm more excited about the fact that they had 40 minutes to gather up documents and evidence. There are a lot of folks looking out their windows for a cruise missile right now.

Guest Eckington Resident

Looks like we really duped the Pakastanis

http://atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/ME04Df03.html

When Pakistani intelligence gave the approval for American gunship helicopters to fly from Tarbella Ghazi, 20 kilometers from Islamabad and the brigade headquarters of the Pakistan army's elite commando unit, to capture a high-value target in Abbottabad, the Pakistanis assumed it was for the seizure of Umar Patek's companions.

Once permission had been granted to the helicopters, Pakistani security forces were put on high alert in Abbottabad to provide necessary assistance to the American operation, which was led by American Navy Seals.

Guest E. Hurley

The actions carried out by our brothers in DEVGRU and the collaborative effort utilized by our joint forces have exemplified the utmost professionalism, dedication, and true American goals which we all should live by. Bravo Zulu to all involved. The world may breathe a sigh of relief and peace, knowing vengeance was exacted and the world's most notorious man now belongs to Davy Jones.

Senior Pakistani security officials said Osama bin Laden’s daughter had confirmed her father was captured alive and shot dead by the US Special Forces during the first few minutes of the operation carried out at the huge compound in Bilal Town, Abbottabad. 

Besides recovering four bullet-riddled bodies from the compound, Pakistani security agencies also arrested two women and six children, aged between 2 and 12 years, after American forces flew toward Afghanistan. Some reports suggest 16 people, including women and children, were arrested from the house, most of them Arab nationals.

A Pakistani security source told Al Arabiya that Bin Laden family members had been transported to Rawalpindi, which is near Islamabad. He added, “They are now under treatment in the military hospital of Rawalpindi, where they have been transported in an helicopter.” A source told Al Arabiya that Bin Laden’s had been injured either in her leg or her shoulder.

He added that the members of the household were children and Bin Laden’s wife, in addition to a Yemeni woman. He added that the woman might be the personal doctor of the family. Bin Laden was known to be afflicted with renal failure.

Sources speculated that US Forces could not arrest these family members because there weren’t enough places for them in the helicopter, after they lost another chopper during the operation.

About the slain woman: officials said she could either be Bin Laden’s wife or a close family member since she offered to sacrifice her life for him. “As per our information, she shielded Bin Laden during the operation and was killed by American commandos,” an official said.

The US Special Forces only took two bodies with them in the military chopper; one is said to be Bin Laden’s and the other his son’s. By the time Pakistani security agencies and soldiers arrived at the spot, the US commandos were flying over the mountains in the Pakistani tribal belt, well on their way to Afghanistan. 

Sources said one of the two women taken into custody from the compound by Pakistani forces was one of Osama bin Laden’s several wives.

“She is Yemeni and became unconscious during the operation,” said an official. Pleading anonymity, he said the woman was provided necessary medical aid till she became conscious. 

“During preliminary investigations, the lady said they moved to the Abbottabad house five to six months ago,” the Pakistani official said, adding that she did not provide further information about bin Laden or his shifting to the house. 

The official said a 12-year-old daughter of bin Laden was among the six children rescued from the three-storey compound.

The daughter has reportedly told her Pakistani investigators that the US forces captured her father alive but shot him dead in front of family members. 

According to sources, Bin Laden was staying on the ground floor of the house and was dragged on the floor to the helicopter after being shot dead by US commandos. 

There were conflicting reports about the second person the US forces took along with them. Some Pakistani officials say it was one of Bin Laden’s sons injured by the US commandos and thrown onto a separate military chopper; others say he was killed in the operation and it was only his dead body that they took along. 

The officials say not all children rescued from the house belonged to the al-Qaeda leader. All were being kept at a safe place. The US has not been given access to the detained women and children, the officials claimed. About the second woman, many officials feel she could be a close relative of Osama or his servant. 

Similarly, according to information Pakistani officials collected from detained persons, Osama was neither armed nor did inmates at the compound fire at the US choppers or commandos.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.