Washington DC Message Boards

An Urgent Appeal for a Kidney Transplant Fund in Ethiopia

Guest Rev. T. Baraki

Guest Rev. T. Baraki

The Baraki Family from Ethiopia and the United States has launched a freely-hosted family website and a blog for the purpose of appealing and seeking to make some friends online to help them raise some urgently needed funds for kidney transplantation for a 20-year-old high-school-student (Assefa Hailu Baraki) whose two kidneys failed to function as well as who's suffering from some other internal medical complications. Presently, Assefa is on dialysis/hemodialysis at St. Yared General Hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. He or his poor family do not have any medical/health insurance or other public or governmental support system the medical expenses. He and his family in Ethiopia are of zero-income. They totally depend for their day-to-day economic survival on the meager subsidy provided them by two clergy members of the Baraki family: one lives here in the United States and the other one in Ethiopia.

Assefa's medical cost has become impossible for the members of the Baraki Family to afford whether to cover the cost of the required three-times per week dialysis treatments or to be able to pay for the necessary kidney-transplantation to save/prolong his life!

To learn more about the Barakis' tragic story, please visit: The Barakis Family Kidney Fund and The Baraki Family Bogger!

Guest krishnakommur

Good day ! this Mr. Krishna.K.K, from India, with good health, no bad habits with O+ve willing to give my part of liver and kidney to a needy patients.mail me to k.or.krishna@gmail.com

Guest Rev. T. Baraki

Good day ! this Mr. Krishna.K.K, from India, with good health, no bad habits with O+ve willing to give my part of liver and kidney to a needy patients.mail me to k.or.krishna@gmail.com

Thank your altruistic love and humanity! If there is a need we will be contacting you. There is a possibility that the patient could be referred to Apollo Hospitals in Chennai, India, for a kidney transplant. But at this time, the Baraki Family does not have the money to send him to India. If we succeed in raising enough money, at least, $25,000.00 USD, we hope that he will be sent to India. Please follow the information on our family site and blogger as we will continue to update them whenever there will be new development about his conditions.