Washington DC Message Boards

Comcast Error Message - ref S0a00 this channel should be available shortly

Guest IamInu

Anyone seen the following Comcast error video message?

I was taken to the following:

http://www5.nohold.net/Comcast/Loginr.aspx?pid=2&login=1

You want help with reference code s0a00.

For best results use key words and ask one question at a time.

So, how can I help you today?

ref S0a00 on my tv. What is this?

I need additional information

I found (15) items related to 'ref S0a00 on my tv. What is this?'.

You want to know if you can put the cableCARD directly into your cable ready television.

You want to adjust the television so that the picture fills the screen.

The colors appear incorrectly on the television screen.

You want to know if a cable box is required for every TV.

You want to know if a special TV is required to see HDTV.

There is no picture on the TV.

Your TV is HDTV ready and you want to know if you need a digital adapter.

You want to change your service or package.

There are no graphics or program guides on the television screen.

None of the items in the list is your problem

I chose the following path:

ref S0a00 on my tv. What is this?

I need additional information

Please click here to chat with a Comcast representative who can help you with this issue.

Would you like to continue?

* No thanks, I have my answer.

* Yes, I have a different question.

* Yes, I need more information on this issue.

then I hit a dead end.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Invalid column name 'askcomcast__key_p'.

/sdccommon/inc/db/dbcommon.inc, line 90

• 4 weeks later...

What you do is this you have to cycle your turn ons. Basically it's very simple you hit tv button then hit power. Then you hit cable then hit power then I hit all on and the stupid page comes up where you have grid and some random things get up and turn your tv off then on by pressing off and on "On the TV Button"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest kitkat121589

Is the Answer so simple that Comcast does not want to embarrass me?

I called Comcast and found out S0a00 means that I have not paid the bill.

OOoops...

It better not be that i am having same issue and our bill isn't due till after the new year!

What you do is this you have to cycle your turn ons. Basically it's very simple you hit tv button then hit power. Then you hit cable then hit power then I hit all on and the stupid page comes up where you have grid and some random things get up and turn your tv off then on by pressing off and on "On the TV Button"

Thank you so much. The only thing comcast could tell me was the signal was low in my area, TV been out for 3 days, you fixed in in 10 seconds, many thanks.

also seem to receive the error when trying to DVR a program while watching a different channel, although Comcast DVR is on par with their customer service when it works anyway. power cycle does work to clear the error though, of course also kills the recording.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brandon

Just wanted to add some information that may be helpful. I have been receiving this error message for the last 3 weekends in a row. The first 2 weekends I was able to get the signal working again after simply unplugging my Comcast HD box for a minute or so. However, last night I received the error again and the unplug/replug to reset the box did not resolve the issue this time. I called Comcast and received automated message that there were outages in my area, so I went to bed. This was strange because my Comcast box (non HD) was working, so how could there be an outage in my area. After 45 minutes of frustration on the phone with a technician, I discovered that the coax cable was broken that was connected to a splitter (split to cable modem) and into my box. I unplugged this earlier and it seemed to be ok, but apparently it was lose and the end piece came off completely. Once I replaced the coax cable with a spare one I had in the house the signal came back immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add some information that may be helpful. I have been receiving this error message for the last 3 weekends in a row. The first 2 weekends I was able to get the signal working again after simply unplugging my Comcast HD box for a minute or so. However, last night I received the error again and the unplug/replug to reset the box did not resolve the issue this time. I called Comcast and received automated message that there were outages in my area, so I went to bed. This was strange because my Comcast box (non HD) was working, so how could there be an outage in my area. After 45 minutes of frustration on the phone with a technician, I discovered that the coax cable was broken that was connected to a splitter (split to cable modem) and into my box. I unplugged this earlier and it seemed to be ok, but apparently it was lose and the end piece came off completely. Once I replaced the coax cable with a spare one I had in the house the signal came back immediately.

One solution is to call Comcast, and work through their phone tree until you get the option to have them send a refresh signal to your cable box. This worked for me immediately. Never talked to a human and had the problem solved in about 30 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

S0a00 known as an OMP error (aka One Moment Please) which means the box cannot get a good signal lock on the specific channel you are trying to watch. Same thing happens to all channels if you simply unplug the cable-in line that runs from the wall to the box. Box isn't receiving an adequate signal from the cable outlet/line so it displays OMP. Only recently they added a confusing code, S0a00, but its all the same.

• 1 month later...
Guest Zuby

S0a00 is most often due to low signal strength. Call the cable company and if sending a new signal does not work right away, ask for an appointment. The tech will decide if it is a problem inside the house or outside. If it is outside they will schedule another tech who does outside work to fix it. If it is inside they will tell you what you have to do.

Guest soma

I recently had the S0a00 error arise for scheduled recordings. The issue turned out to be one of the tuners in my dual tuner DVR was blown.

Phone support took me down the road of "non payment" but confirmed I was up to date.... so they sent out a repairman. He went into the DVR firmware menu and found the 2nd tuner was not working. After replacing the DVR all is well...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shawn

S0a00 known as an OMP error (aka One Moment Please) which means the box cannot get a good signal lock on the specific channel you are trying to watch. Same thing happens to all channels if you simply unplug the cable-in line that runs from the wall to the box. Box isn't receiving an adequate signal from the cable outlet/line so it displays OMP. Only recently they added a confusing code, S0a00, but its all the same.

Guest Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience/knowledge about the error code SOaOO. I found your's to be the most helpful and now, with your help, I am able to fix the problem.

• 2 months later...
Guest Anthony Basile

I returned to Comcast about 9 months ago and am sorry I ever did. I have gotten the reference code S0a00 several times and it takes out all tv's not just one. I am now 18 hours without television, and prior tp this about 2 months ago it was rwo days. I have no doubt Comcast has a problem they have no idea to fix which is why I am swithing back to Verizon. I will never go back to Comcast.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phoenix

I unplugged the wire from that connects from the wall to the cable box. I reconnected it and the cable came right on! Thanks for helping me trouble shoot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I live on a college campus and recently connected my Cable box to my TV and it worked perfectly for a couple minutes then the picture went out. Now im only getting the SOaOO message. What do i do?