Washington DC Message Boards

Redskins Training Camp 2009 is officially underway!

Guest Fan-182

Guest Fan-182

RedskinsBanner.png

Get an up-close look at the Redskins as they embark on the 2009 season, with familiar faces including head coach Jim Zorn, Jason Campbell, Clinton Portis, Chris Cooley and DeAngelo Hall and newcomers Albert Haynesworth and Brian Orakpo.

40046.jpg

All players report to training camp on July 29, with the first open practice slated for the morning of July 30 at Redskins Park in Loudoun County. Click here for the full schedule of dates and times when training camp is open to the public.

How do I get to Redskins Park?

There are several ways to get to Redskins Park in Loudoun County in Ashburn, Va., but here is the most direct route:

From Washington, D.C.:

-- Take 66 West towards Virginia

-- Take 495 North to 267 West (Dulles Toll Road exit)--the entrance toll is 75 cents.

-- Follow 267 West for 15 miles, through the Dulles Greenway toll entrance, to Exit 7 (Loudoun County Parkway, Route 607)

-- Turn right, headed north, on Loudoun County Parkway.

-- Proceed approximately 2 miles and cross over Waxpool Road.

-- Go approximately 1.2 miles more until the two lanes merge into one. Look for Redskins staff to direct you for parking at Redskins Park.

From South of Washington, D.C.:

-- Take 95 North towards Washington, D.C.

-- Take 495 West to 267 West (Dulles Toll Road exit)--the entrance toll is 75 cents.

-- Follow 267 West for 15 miles, through the Dulles Greenway toll entrance, to Exit 7 (Loudoun County Parkway, Route 607)

-- Go approximately 1.2 miles more until the two lanes merge into one. Look for Redskins staff to direct you for parking at Redskins Park.

From Baltimore:

-- Take 95 South towards Washington, D.C.

-- Take 495 West to 267 West (Dulles Toll Road exit)--the entrance toll is 75 cents.

Is there any cost to park and enter the practice fields at Redskins Park?

Parking and admission are FREE.

How long are practices?

Generally, practice times last between 90 minutes and two hours.

When should I arrive to watch a practice?

Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid traffic problems and to secure a comfortable position around the practice fields. The parking lots open 90 minutes before practice and gates open one hour before practice.

How can I find out if practice is cancelled or if practice time has been changed?

Check Redskins.com daily for updates on practice information. Also, fans can call the Redskins’ Training Camp Hotline at 703-726-7411 for schedule updates. (The phone line will be in operation on Monday, July 27.) The Redskins will notify fans of practice time changes or cancellations, as information becomes available.

What is the Training Camp Fan Invitation?

All fans attending training camp should fill out their Fan Invitation online and print it out. The Fan Invitation enables the Redskins to gauge how many fans to expect at training camp. Invitations will be collected at the front gate of training camp upon arrival.

How do I obtain a Fan Invitation to training camp?

It’s easy. Go to Comcast SportsNet, fill out the registration form and then click "submit" at the bottom of the page--your Fan Invitation will be on the next screen. Don’t forget to print it out!

Can I bring food and drinks to Redskins Park?

Fans are permitted to bring coolers with food and drinks to training camp. No alcohol will be allowed at Redskins Park.

Will food and drinks be available?

Snacks and beverages will be available for purchase from vendors on the training camp grounds. Cash only; no credit cards will be accepted in the concession areas. ATM machines are not available on the training camp grounds.

Can I bring a camera and take photos?

Fans are welcome to bring a camera for still photography. However, video cameras are prohibited.

Can I bring my pet?

Animals are prohibited (except for certified guide dogs assisting disabled guests).

Will there be souvenirs?

The Redskins will have several retail trailers stationed around Redskins Park to allow fans ample access to Redskins merchandise. Credit cards are accepted.

Can I bring a chair?

Yes. Bleachers will not be set up around the fields. The Redskins want to encourage a family atmosphere with ample sight lines. Fans can set up chairs on the grass around the practice fields, or they can sit on the grass. Several picnic tables will also be available for fans. Visitors to training camp can walk in designated areas around the practice fields to watch their favorite players.

How can I get autographs?

There are no guarantees players will be available for autographs. However, oftentimes coaches and players will sign autographs after practice for fans.

Parking lots open approximately 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start of each practice and gates open approximately one hour prior to the start of each practice.

Fan Appreciation Day: Saturday, Aug. 8

Fan Appreciation Day includes an Intra-squad Scrimmage. Individual drills begin at 1:20 p.m. and the scrimmage starts at 2 p.m. ET. Last year’s Fan Appreciation Day drew more than 28,000 spectators, so please arrive early! A complete list of the festivities will be available soon.

Guest J_Cart

My personal review of the 2009 team - My Top 5 Things To Watch For...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nIep7WCpg

2009 Washington Redskins training camp is one of most exciting in a long time. Whether it's for the anticipation of seeing the re-vamped Defensive line featuring newcomers Albert Haynesworth and Brian Orakpo, the drama and hype and expectations revolving around Jason Campbell, or the unofficial feud between Clinton Portis and Jim Zorn.

I'll be down in Ashburn VA for training camp this week. It should be great.

J Cart