Washington DC Message Boards

ATT Wireless Chat is Worthless

Luke_Wilbur

I lost my phone and so I tried to get a new phone at the ATT web site. A chat window popped up on my screen. Read how worthless this conversation was.

Chat InformationThank you for your patience! An AT&T sales representative will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with Vera, an AT&T sales representative.

Luke: Hi Vera

Vera: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

Luke: I lost my phone

Luke: so I first turned off my service

Luke: now I need to purchase another phone

Vera: I'm sorry to hear about your phone. I will be happy to assist you today. Are you eligible for upgrade?

Luke: I do not know?

Luke: I have a business account with two numbers on it

Luke: one of my partners uses the other

Vera: To upgrade (replace) your phone, please log into your account using the "My Account" button and choose “Check Upgrade Options”. When a new phone is available for your account, an “Upgrade phone“ link will display in the list below. Follow the directions to complete your upgrade online.

Vera: https://www.wireless.att.com/olam/loginActi...gin.olamexecute

Luke: it will not let me

Luke: It says a text message has been sent to your phone

Vera: Please contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your cell phone for assistance with your password.

Luke: I do not have my cell phone

Luke: so how can I call from it?

Vera: I'm sorry for the inconvenience. You can call from any phone by dialing 1-800-331-0500.

Luke: The call center is closed

Vera: They are open. You will have to follow the prompts.

Luke: tell me what to do

Luke: pay bill 1

Luke: ????

Luke: I just called it

Vera: Please call Care and follow the prompts. You will need to put in your phone number.

Luke: I did that

Luke: check minutes 2

Luke: for sales 5

Luke: customer care rep 6

Vera: I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, without logging into your account, you will not be able to upgrade online. If you can't get through to Care today, please call tomorrow.

Luke: I do not understand. So you were wrong

Luke: It is closed right?

Vera: No. Care is open for emergency purposes.

Luke: how do I get emergency?

Vera: Did you select option 6?

Luke: Trying it now

Luke: I did not allow me to press 6

Luke: We are sorry but we did not recognize your response

Luke: That is what it says

Chat InformationThere may be a problem communicating with Vera. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another operator.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with Fidel, an AT&T sales representative.

Luke: Hi Fidel

Luke: Vera gave me bad information

Luke: She told me the call center was open

Luke: I tried and it says it is closed

Fidel: I'll be happy to help you today Luke.

Luke: Thanks

Fidel: How may I assist you today.

Luke: I lost my phone and my buddy stated that he called the number and someone answered it.

Luke: I just turned off the phone

Luke: Now I am trying to get another one

Luke: so I can use it for my business

Fidel: I'm sorry to hear that about your phone Luke. Do you have an insurance plan on your phone?

Luke: I do not know

Luke: can you check?

Fidel: I apologize I do not have access to customer accounts. Have your tried logging into your account.

Luke: It will not let me

Luke: Vera said there was an emergency number?

Fidel: You can contact customer care, only they are not available at this moment, They will be in tomorrow.

Fidel: Please contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your cell phone for assistance with this.

Luke: That number is closed

Luke: how can I call 611 if I do not have my cell phone???

Luke: Are you just cut and pasting responses?

Fidel: Customer care will be in tomorrow they are not available today.

Here is some thing I do Not understand; What's the point in texting on a phone when it's supposed to be just a phone?

I'm considering of getting a wireless phone for ONCE in my life, and all of those little nick nacks are just a way for the phone companies to add extra charges.

I will get one from verizon with a 25 dollar amount on it, and that's it. So if I lose it? like I care who gets a hold of it cause it will only have 25 bucks on it, and that's it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lost my phone and so I tried to get a new phone at the ATT web site. A chat window popped up on my screen. Read how worthless this conversation was.
Edited by Human

Here is some thing I do Not understand; What's the point in texting on a phone when it's supposed to be just a phone?

I'm considering of getting a wireless phone for ONCE in my life, and all of those little nick nacks are just a way for the phone companies to add extra charges.

I will get one from verizon with a 25 dollar amount on it, and that's it. So if I lose it? like I care who gets a hold of it cause it will only have 25 bucks on it, and that's it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a cell with all the little gadgets on it and love it, but I feel the biggest problem is when you do not get service in your own home.

My mother board on my computer went bye bye once. Tried to get the computer company to fix it, they didn't. My price was real simple; No Major Contract in another country for their games.

It wasn't nice of me, but neither was their service.

That's one of the nice things about Washington D.C., You NEVER KNOW who you are playing with.

I have a cell with all the little gadgets on it and love it, but I feel the biggest problem is when you do not get service in your own home.