2016 White House Christmas Ornament Collection

2008 National Book Festival

2 replies to this topic

#1 Stephanie

Stephanie
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if some of you have heard of this, but next Saturday (the 27th), the Library of Congress is holding a National Book Festival on the Mall in DC.

A lot of really great authors are going to be there list here!, and it sounds like just a really good event to go to! :)

Does anyone here think they will be able to make it? Unfortunately, I've been scheduled to work that day so won't be able to go down, but I would love to be able to have a feature about this event for my site. If you think you'd be interested in going and reporting on the event, please let me know! My e-mail is stephanie@thewritething.org"

white house christmas ornament

#2 Luke Wilbur

Luke Wilbur

Administrator

• Eagle
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts
  • Interests:My family, writing, photography, and my faith.

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

Hi Stephanie,
Are you affiliated with the Open Library Project. That is a really great idea. I know Google has scanned many books from the New York public library.

http://openlibrary.org/
One of many...

Luke Wilbur
Photo Journalist

Washington DC City Pages
This District's First Online Community
Established in 1994
Free and Open to All

Washington DC Gift Shop

#3 Stephanie

Stephanie
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

Hi Stephanie,
Are you affiliated with the Open Library Project. That is a really great idea. I know Google has scanned many books from the New York public library.

http://openlibrary.org/

Unfortunately, no, I am not affiliated with them, but I have come across The Open Library several times and it is a very fascinating project!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

2014 Warren G Harding Christmas Ornament