Washington DC Message Boards

NIH Patient Ambassador Volunteers Needed

Guest Volunteer Coordinator

Guest Volunteer Coordinator

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center, the nation's leading research hospital, seeks community volunteers to serve as patient ambassadors. Opportunities are available between 6am-8pm Monday-Friday. Assignments include accompanying patients to appointments and/or testing via walking, wheelchair or hospital bed. Other assignments include assisting with the transportation of medical records and other health care items to and from clinics, inpatient units and departments which are critical to timely patient care. A minimum committment is required. For information, contact the Patient Ambassador Program at 301-496-2642, email ambassadors@cc.nih.gov, or on the web at http://www.cc.nih.gov/about/ambassadors

I have had friends who were patients at NIH. My father was the chaplain at the main building. He would help the terminally ill patients. I think NIH volunteers are some of the greatest people on the planet.

Social Work Department

NIH Clinical Center

10 Center Drive, MSC 1160

Bethesda, MD 20892-1160