Washington DC Message Boards

The Village

Crazy Kid

There's a new M. Night film coming out at the end of this month. Wasn't a fan of Unbreakable, but Signs slightly scared the b-jeebus out of me.

Synoposis:

Set in 1897, the tale of an isolated village confronting an astonishing truth that lies just outside its borders. At first glance, this village seems picture perfect, but this close-knit community lives with the frightening knowledge that creatures reside in surrounding woods. The evil and foreboding force is so unnerving that none dare venture beyond the borders of the village and into the woods. But when curious, headstrong Lucius Hunt plans to step beyond the boundaries of the town and into the unknown, his bold move threatens to forever change the fate of the village.

The trailer is INTENSE.

Should i be laughing like so many of my friends did at Signs?

• 8 months later...

I really enjoyed the movie! I'm a huge fan of Night's films. I think people are alwys looking for the scary flicks and totally miss the whole point of his movies. Everything in Night's films are thought provoking. There is a reason for everything! He totally reminds me of Hitchcock in the way he pays attention to the smallest details.

I think the Village is a great movie. It really takes a good look at the whole Utopian society concept. Loved the usage of colors in the film and the camera placement.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.