Washington DC Message Boards

What is Heaven supposed to be like??

Clemence

Can anyone help? I am a teen. My Grandmother of whom I was very close to died about 4 years ago. Only the thing is I still haven't really come to terms with it.The thing is when she died I I ended up due to circumstances an awful amout of high school. Therefore I missed pretty much all of my religious education and therefore I don't really understand where she's gone.

I have a question I was wondering whether anyone out there could possibly help me with. This is: what does The Bible/Christianity say that Heaven is like? What does it look like? (are there any descriptions) and what happens up there??

• 1 month later...

Dear Clemence:

I'm sorry about your grandmother and how lonely you must feel.

Here is a little exercise you may want to try:

It's singing the word HU. HU is another name for God and when you sing this word,

it's singing a Love Song To God.

Singing HU can:

Expand your awareness

Help you experience divine love

Heal a broken heart

Offer solace during times of grief

Bring peace and calm

Singing HU draws one closer to God...

With eyes open or closed, take a few deep breaths to relax. Then begin to sing HU

(pronounced "hue") in a long, drawn out sound, HU-U-U-U-U.

Take another breath, and sing HU again. Continue for up to twenty minutes. Sing HU

with a feeling of love, and it will gradually open your heart to God.

"When your day is hard, remember to sing HU. It puts you back in line with the

Holy Spirit."

-----Harold Klemp, The Slow Burning Love of God, p. 25

After a while, when you feel comfortable and as you sing the HU, you may ask

to meet with your grandmother in your dreams. There you can share with her what's in

your heart.

May The Blessings Be!

For more information about ECKANKAR: Visit www.eckankar.org or call 1-800-LOVE-GOD.

• 4 years later...
Guest zach

my grandmother had a near death experience and she said it felt like she was lifeted off of the emergency table she said all pain went away and she seen people all around her ones she didnt know or she couldnt make out eny of there faces. is there a heaven i beilive so and as far as what its like i think your grandma is up there smileing at you while you live your life and she is waiting for the day that you and her can see each other again.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help? I am a teen. My Grandmother of whom I was very close to died about 4 years ago. Only the thing is I still haven't really come to terms with it.The thing is when she died I I ended up due to circumstances an awful amout of high school. Therefore I missed pretty much all of my religious education and therefore I don't really understand where she's gone.

I have a question I was wondering whether anyone out there could possibly help me with. This is: what does The Bible/Christianity say that Heaven is like? What does it look like? (are there any descriptions) and what happens up there??

It has been near 5 years since your post question and hopefully you have done some research or that you are old enough now to face the reality.

The Bible (not Christianity) says that "Heaven" means "the heavens" as in outer space as in looking up into the night sky, see link = Genesis 1.

And Jesus told about a life here on earth as in "Thy kingdom come ... on earth as it is in heaven."

And most of Christianity teaches about a burning "Hell of torment and torture" but the Bible does not, link = There is no Hell.

So your grandmother just like my own grandparents and all dead persons throughout mankind are just dead and no longer exist anymore.

There is no pain anymore, no hurting for them, as the real "hell" is here on earth as it is now, and the only hope given in the scriptures is that in the future there will be a resurrection of the dead (not resurrecting the living but the dead) and that is our only true hope.

• 1 year later...

No one goes to heaven untill judgement that happens to everyone at the same time so your grandma is in a peaceful sleep u will see god with her at the same time so nothing to worry about

• 8 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.